NEED INSPECTION MARK DETAILS FOR A 69 SPINDLES - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 01, 05:31 AM Thread Starter

ONLY looking for spindle details at this time .do you know of any websites that give these paint mark details,any help appreciated.DAVE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 01, 01:16 PM

Crossy
If your looking for a Drum setup I can help with the marking. This is what my car had before tear down. The right lower portion of the spindle is painted Chevy orange, The upper portion is a terquoise green color (Misspelled Sorry)The outer hub has a deep green smearing of paint just behind the dust cover. When I took my very original Coupe apart I documented every production mark the car had. I shot pictures of everything. If you need some pictures let me kmow.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 01, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

I am switching to discs and want to have them done in advance.one was already blasted when I got it but the other I got to clean myself .I don't know what year it was from though. The whole bottom was chevy orange and I thought that was screw up ,guess not .I found a white dab and blue stripe across the front and back up high.It was of some help to me what you said .A company called Quanta in Md. sells paint for this [corvette mostly but their catalog lists 67-69 also] .EXPENSIVE but they say they have a tech. manual, so I need to call them
and find out if that manual shows what goes where,if it does I may buy the kit ,thanx, DAVE

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 01, 03:25 PM

Crossy
As I have found over the years production line marks and inscriptions on cars are not always consistent from one car to another possibly due to the fast paced work and shear volume that the assembly line people deal with daily and the sometimes unavailablity of grease sticks, paints, marking media or that "Getting close to quiting time, I will mark it next time attitude". I only say that because my dad has work in the assembly lines for years for Chrysler and Chevy and I have picked his brain clean about what takes place on the lines. I have seen virgin original cars from the Norwood plant fully marked from first shift and other cars that came off from a late first shift into a second shift with very few markings.. Hard to explain but one thing is certain if marks are on a car read them like a book, they usually tell a story of sorts. By the way if you do come up with marking info from your source please pass this on to myself and others on this site, it would make for great discusion.

[This message has been edited by wacky174 (edited 02-17-2001).]
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 01, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

I found quanta listed here http://www.quantaproducts.com/
my poor typing abilities keep me from going in depth about the "acceptable"colors and dates games ,but I know you have to play or loose and it has probably been discussed here many times over.I will say that a friend of mine currently has a 69SsS396 BIG PROJECT for sale that has the original motor with it that has no VIN on it and the wrong letter suffix.also I just sold a distributor with a 3Q as the day instead of 30. thanx, DAVE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode