'70--'73 frnt. clip fit a '79?? - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 23rd, 99, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

I have a '79 Z-28 . Does anyone know if a front clip from a '70 -'73 will fit on this car? I have a feeling that it would, but I would like to Know for sure before starting this project.I am interested in doing this for mainly for the looks of the older Camaro.
I really don't like the rubber nose style.
Thanks!
Raveon...StevieRay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 99, 02:17 PM
Tech Team

Hi there Stevie check with someone at a salvage yard, they have books that can tell what parts will interchange with what, hopefully they will have some older books to help you out.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 99, 02:48 AM
Senior Tech

I believe you should be all set as long as you use everything from the older model such as inner fenders, radiator support and all. The front light harness will be a little different also. The frames are the same so that shouldn't be a issue. The only thing would be the curvature of the fender where it meets the door. Even so you should be all set there also because the doors are the same. The only difference in doors through those years was around the door handle

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 27th, 99, 03:27 PM

About 2 weeks ago we bought a 76. The car had been setting for 6 years, maybe longer. Someone has done the body work and painted the trunk and door jams. The interior is pretty good. Last night we finally got it running. After hearing it run, we are thinking of finishing the car. All we have for the front end is the fenders and header. We also were thinking very strong about putting a 70-73 front on it. It looks like the fenders are the same. We are curious if the hoods are the same also. This is the first Camaro we have ever owned and have very little knowledge about Camaros. Any help would be appreciated. Also Raveon you may e-mail us at [email protected] as to what you found out. We will also check this site.
Thank you,
Stano and Annie
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 99, 03:12 AM
Senior Tech

I have heard of a couple people using the 74-77 fenders on earlier cars but I think it took a little modifying. They do have different part numbers as do the radiator supports. The hoods are the same however.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 99, 12:54 PM

Our 76 front fenders have been repaired and I
know of a 70 in the junk yard that has the whole front. At first glance around the side marker light and the seam I thought they might be the same. But if they have different part numbers I would imagine something is different. Maybe around the headlight or connecting to the header. Do you think they would be the same at the rear of the fender by the cowl and by the doors from 76 with 70 - 73 cars? If the header has a different part number I would imagine they would be different also. Probably signal light area. Thanks for your reply. It gives us two areas to check. If I see the difference I'll let you guys know. Thanks for your help, Stano, Amy, & Annie
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 29th, 99, 02:37 AM
Senior Tech

The differences are all up front. The back near the cowl and where it meets the doors and rockers are all the same. The best way to do it is take the whole nose in one piece and switch them. Take the front light harness as well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode