msd ignition - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 00, 05:45 AM Thread Starter

Question

hey guys,i have a 1995 z28 camaro.i was wondering what msd ignition should i get.my car is an automatic trans.what are my benifits of this,and what does it do.will my car run better,and is it easy to install.someone email me or help me.that would be great.from bino.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 00, 06:48 AM
Senior Tech
Gene

I would get a 6-A. You don't need the rev limiter in the 6-AL, so why spend the $$.

------------------
Hugger Orange & white 69 Camaro with supercharged 350, Tremec TKO, and 3.73 12-bolt

See my website updated 8/13/00 at:

www.geocities.com/gheatly
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 00, 06:49 AM
Senior Tech

They are easy to install, and very straight forward, the instructions included with them are good. It will give you a much cleaner burn due to the multiple spark discharge, it raises RPM potential over HEI's and will likely improve idle characteristics as well. You will also need MSD wires, because a 6 series MSD will cook solid core wires. On your 95- I'm not sure how much gain you'll see, but on my 400 SB I see a huge difference over the HEI, revs much faster, runs smoother. Opens the door for other performance mods.

------------------
Shawn Peterson
1969 Z28, 406SB
http://www.geocities.com/corsican69

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 00, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

Question

what about if i have,accel wires.would that run good with the msd ignition,or will hurt the wires.please reply me.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 00, 10:00 AM
Senior Tech

z28lt1350, does a 95 have even have a distributor? I am not sure what year the cut is for 4th gen. If it doesn't, you will have to get one of the MSD DIS boxes. If your car does have a distributor, than go ahead and get the 6AL, if you can. If you ever pop a u-joint or drop a shaft, (or even wheel spin) you will be thankful for the extra $$$ spend on a rev limiter.

------------------
Mark
1992 Firebird 355/Six Speed
1991 RS 350 / 700-R4
1987 Toyota Pickup 383 / 500 + HP
**How fast is just a matter of how much $$$ **
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 00, 10:44 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jody

The 6A or 6AL (w/rev limiter) will both work but you'll need a harness adapter for your coil (part #8877 I think, check with whomever you buy it from). Your Accel wires will work fine as long as they are not solid core and fit your LT1. Gheatly is correct in that you don't need a rev limiter on this car as it has a fuel shut-off just past 6000 rpm (factory rev limiter).

Jody
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode