67 price? - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 01, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

If anyone can help me, you guys can.My next door neighbor has an opportunity for a 67 Camaro but we're not sure if the price is in the right ballpark.It's all original EXCEPT that it has been converted fron stick to auto.It's a 6 cyl with 50,000 mi and the original paint which is in great shape. The guy wants $4,500 US. Is this about right?

------------------
74 Camaro
in the Great White North
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 01, 03:34 PM
Tech Team

I could be wrong here, but In my opinion I would say it is worth it, but I don't know everything there is to know about these cars. And I am relatively new to this board.

$4,500.00 seems cheap to me for any classic car with 50,000 original miles.

If you look at this link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cg...item=592477017 There is a '67 camaro w/73,000 original miles and a v8 for $8,000.00.

Hope that helps.

SEAN
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 01, 04:59 PM
Senior Tech

Talking

If it has a rock solid body id say the body alone is worth that.You would spend more than that to bring the average one around here back.Lets face it most cars as old as the 1st generation camaros need floor work usually quarters and other rust repairs.These repairs would cost more than 4500.00. If its a solid body,and at 50000 miles if its been taken care of, it shouldn't need a lot of repairs,It should be a bargin!!!!

------------------
69 Camaro SS 350 4 speed

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 01, 06:13 AM
Senior Tech

I agree...drivetrain aside, if it's straight with little rust, original paint, suspension, interior, etc, I'd say it could be a bargain. Take a look at the transmision conversion...see what kind of job was done there. Also inspect closely the trunk, lower fenders, lower quarters, and floors for rust.
Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode