rs conversion(a little long) - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 01, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Lightbulb

I purchased 67 GM fenders and I noticed that the headlamp supports didn't fit the bolt pattern on the fender. Later to learn that these fenders are for rs applications with the ability to use on standard camaros. I got to thinking that maybe I should just convert my car to rs. Rick's first gen sells a complete kit for around 1000. My question is: has anybody else done this before? How can I locate a template or information as to where the back up lights go in the tail panel? Do you think a body shop would able to guess right? I am seriously considering this conversion cause it would look really cool with the cowl hood with black on pearl strips. So, if anybody has any comments, advice or horror stories, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanx a million
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 01, 04:17 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jack

The conversion is pretty straight forward once you have all the parts. The back up lights are fairly easy to locate and cut. The bolt holes for the lights already exist in the inner rear valance. You line up the cuts from there using the housings. The conversion is expensive. Consider new front valance and blinkers, grille, grill mouldings, bezels, hood release, tailights, reverse lights and then the headlight kit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode