Advice on installing an ATI Procharger - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 01, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Chris

Lightbulb

I live in Mckinney Texas or Dallas Texas per say......I need some direction on who to go to, to install my D-1 Procharger on my 69 Big Block camaro. I'm looking with someone with expierence especially with carbuerated engines and centrifugel superchargers. I would like to get this done correctly by someone with knolwedge and expierence with this application.

Thank you so much, and I appreciate all responses and opinions....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 01, 08:14 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jody

I've done a couple of small block carbureted ProChargers and would be glad to answer any questions you may have. A very good source of info is Scott at SD Concept Engineering. (401) 732-4047. All he does are blown motors, many of them carbed. He sells the carbs completely modified for the ProChargers and is an ATI dealer. He knows WAY more than ATI does about their systems.

If you haven't got the D1 yet, get a D1SC (no oil lines to hook up, lower air temps, same amount of airflow and boost, and a little smaller diameter to fit under your hood easier).

Either way, it's basically a bolt-on. With the correct fuel system and carb, you could bolt this thing on yourself. Then it's off to a chassis dyno that has a wide-band O2 to check it out and you're set. Unfortunately, I am not familiar with anyone in Texas who does the installs. I'm sure there is, I just don't know who. If you must have it installed, maybe ATI can locate a nearby dealer/installer.

Jody
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 28th, 01, 05:37 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Chris

Thanks,

I'll try giving him a call....

Chris

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 28th, 01, 06:00 AM
Senior Tech
Gene

Procharged,

You forgot about me... I have been wondering how long it would take before you bought your Procharger.

I installed by P600B by myself, so I have a good idea of what is required for the install. However, I trial fit everything while the engine was out of the car. There were several minor modifications I had to make to get everything to fit right. It was no big deal, but a lot easier with the motor out.

I agree with Camco on going with the D1SC. The oil drain line is a big pain in the behind. I had a fitting welded into my oil pan while the engine was being built, so it wasn't a big deal for me.

I would highly recommend that you get an O2 gauge if you don't already have one.

I called and spoke with a guy (not Scott) at SD Concept Engineering. Sounds like a great place. They only charge $225 for the carb mods, so I am going to send them my carb. They also sell an O2 meter for about $200 that they highly recommend.

Leave me an e-mail if you want.

------------------
Pearl blue & white 69 Camaro with supercharged 350, Tremec TKO, and 3.73 12-bolt

See my website updated 4/16/01 at:

www.geocities.com/gheatly
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 28th, 01, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Chris

Gheatly,

No way did I forget about you. Actually I don't know how to get email of others off this site. So I put this out just to try to here from you. GREAT! I'm glad you responded. It would be great if I could call you or something, because I would like to talk about my setup and installing it. I would love to show you my car and the procharger. I called Scott at SD Concept Engineering and ow yea, they know what they are talking about. I'm going to go through them too. Now I just need to pick some good heads and Cam for this blower application. My personal email is

[email protected] some mail and maybe we can get in touch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode