Seat belts - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 00, 05:56 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Bruno

I will like to install three point seatbelts in the rear bench of my 68, just for the safety of my two daugthers when we go cruising. Does any of you have done that, if so which car I can use as a donor car for the parts? Does the car body is strong enough to hold the upper support point or did I have to fabricate something to attach it. In the front I think I'll go with the lap belt because I don't resist the loose feel of the shoulder belt in my Camaro. Any suggestions...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 00, 04:26 AM
Tech Team

Chevrolet actually offered rear shoulder belts in '68 and '69 under RPO AS5. Probably pretty hard to find but at least you know it is possible to mount them in the rear. I have not looked in my assembly manual to see if they are shown. They were a $23.20 option!!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 00, 06:39 AM
Senior Tech

See page 15-63 in the 1968 Fisher Body Service Manual. It shows the typical installation for rear seat shoulder straps.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 00, 04:22 PM

Try these guys. thepartsplaceinc.com There phone # is 1-800-442-0411. I looked for shoulder belts for my 69 Camaro everywhere and they were the only ones I found that had them. Good luck!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 00, 06:41 PM

Smile

My '67 has stock rear seatbelts. I just went out and looked. Heck, I forgot about them because they were behind/under the seat all the time.. I got my rear seat out now so can see them. pdq67

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 00, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Bruno

Thumbs up

Thanks for all the valuable info. I,m going to order the Fisher service manual for referance on the attaching points locations.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 01, 10:20 AM
Senior Tech
Gene

If you want refurbished factory original belts, you can get them from Snake Oyl. They specialize in seat belt restorations and can supply cores to restore.

Their phone number is (800) 284-7777

------------------
Pearl blue & white 69 Camaro with supercharged 350, Tremec TKO, and 3.73 12-bolt

See my website updated 12/17/00 at:

www.geocities.com/gheatly
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 01, 05:06 PM
Senior Tech
Kurt S

pdq67,
Your 67 has rear seatbelts, but I don't think it has the rear shoulder belts, RPO AS4 or AS5, cause they weren't offered until 68/9. Never seen a car with them.

ORENCH,
You may have fun installing the shoulder belt cause there isn't anything that is reinforced to mount it to. I'd be talking to Dan if he mounted them in the rear.

------------------
Kurt S.
www.camaros.org

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 01, 07:28 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage
Cool

Yes, there is a place behind the sail panel to attach shoulder belts. The belts are the same as the front shoulder belts, at least on my 68 they are. Would be kindda neat to fab a bracket and bolt it to the same places, then, bolt-on a pair of cheap(outdated) harnesses, minus the crouch strap. Use the same lap belt mounting holes from OEM.

Everett/68/350/PG/11.90
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode