EDELBROCK - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old May 30th, 00, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

ANY THOUGTHS ON EDELBROCK CARBS OR THEIR PERFORMER PACKAGES?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old May 31st, 00, 04:03 AM
Senior Tech
Gene

Several people on this site use Edelbrock carbs and love them. They say the Edelbrock has a better tune out of the box and has better drivability. I use a Holley, so I don't know the specifics.

------------------
Hugger Orange & white 69 Camaro with supercharged 350, Tremec TKO, and 3.73 12-bolt

See my website updated 4/5/00 at:

www.geocities.com/gheatly
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old May 31st, 00, 04:12 AM
Senior Tech

Very good carbs, they're based on the original Carter carbs. You could get into a Chevy vs. Ford type of argument if you compare Edelbrock to a Holley, but in general: Edelbrock may have slightly better street manners, less thirsty, less messy to change jets etc. Holley may have the edge on high performance though, more thirsty, takes a little bit of tuning to get it set up, but a powerhouse when finished. Peak HP won't be vastly different between the two, but the nod may go to the Holley.

Edelbrock intakes- They're GGRRReeat. Select your application and grab the appropriate intake. Performer RPM is perfect for 80% of the applications out there.

As for the cams, leave Edelbrock behind and get a better one from Comp Cams or Crane. The Edelbrock cams are made to span a huge range of applications, which is NOT ideal for what you might use it for. The cam suppliers will be able to steer you to a better choice, and at a better price. The power package is a nice concept for a one-stop-shop, but you can do much better on the cam selection. Hope this helps.

------------------
Shawn Peterson
1969 Z28, 406SB
http://www.geocities.com/corsican69

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 1st, 00, 10:19 PM
Tech Team

I bought an Edelbrock carb about 6 weeks ago and it ran great right out of the box. Edelbrock is also publishing new advertisements comparing their carb to a Holley 3310 and they "advertise" more HP and Torque.

The Edelbrock system is a great way to go to get dyno proven parts combinations. I have the whole package (heads, intake, carb, fuel pump, etc) except for the cam. I bought an Elgin cam with the exact same specs for a lot less money because I was told that Edelbrock Cams were manufactured at the same factory with the same equipment as Elgins. Elgins go in one box, Edelbrocks in another and they have a huge price difference.

Mike Steinkamp
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 00, 12:53 PM
Tech Team

I have tried both, and for me it's the Edelbrock. I had three different Holleys on two different cars within a year. Each acted the same. I had flooding problems with all three. I finally decided to try an Edelbrock, and it hasn't flooded once. I love it. As far as performance, I'm not sure which I would pick. If you're good with carbs(and I'm not) a Holley might have more potential.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode