67 Camaro RS - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old May 1st, 00, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Question

I am looking at buying a 67 RS One Owner the man still has all the paper work protector plate paper with options and what they cost, the only thing car is Tahoe Turquoise with a turquoise interior. The car has factory AC that blows Cold with a 3 speed in the floor head light doors still work. Car has been painted one time with new seat covers about 10 years ago. The car has some body work but not much. Any one got any ideas what this car would be worth. The car still has the original hub caps. Hey thanks for all the responce on the car I forgot to mention on the interior that it is a deluxe interior and that the motor is the original one with like 104000 miles on it. This car is not show car but it is a good appearing car would not be ashamed to drive anywhere. Thanks

[This message has been edited by Wayne (edited 05-02-2000).]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old May 1st, 00, 10:40 AM

Sounds great, documentation on a 30+ yr old car is impressive and ups the value. From the prices I have seen at Charlotte and the WEB lately, $12-15K isn't unreasonable at all. I looked at a poorly done 68 RS clone vert for $13K, and it needed lots. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

John
69 RS Vert
69 Coupe
73 Cuda 340
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old May 1st, 00, 03:43 PM
Tech Team

Actually, I like Tahoe Turquoise. If the car has doco and is mostly all original (within reason), it could be a good show car. Not real rare, but well worth what was mentioned. They are getting harder to obtain as each year goes by.

------------------
Jeff Bradway - my resto page: http://67camaro.virtualave.net

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old May 1st, 00, 04:28 PM
Senior Tech

What engine does this car have in it now??? Is it the original engine??

That can make a 3-4,000.00 difference in what it's worth.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old May 1st, 00, 05:12 PM
Gold Lifetime Member

Garage
Thumbs up

I'm getting more & more fond of interior colors other than black in these cars. Turqiose interior sounds cool.
I'd go for it.

------------------
Steve
67 SS 396,4-sp
67 RS 327,4-sp
72 RS 350/350
69 4X4 suburban 350,4-sp
73 3/4 ton 454/400
http://www.geocities.com/stevocamaro
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 00, 08:53 AM
Senior Tech

Whatever you do - if you buy the car keep the the car tourquise. My car is turq in & out and it's the only one I've ever seen and it can park beside a black one any day and she will get all of the attention. We need some more details on the car to give you an idea what it's worth but they are getting more and more expensive every year.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 00, 02:32 PM
Senior Tech

sounds like a sweet deal!!! i just bought a 67 base coupe..327/glide/ps/deluxe seat belts!! thats it however i bought it from the origional owner (85 year old man) its never been parked outside overnite, garaged all its life, never been repainted, rebuilt, ect...has orig. motor/tranny/interior...over 200k miles and still runs perfect and blows no smoke, he gave me the origional owners manual with protecto plate...has orig. california black plates..the is not one tiny spec of rust on the whole car and the inside looks like brand new!!! it was a good find, he advertised it as not running due to the fact it was sitting in his garage for 15 months and the battery was dead! so i brought it home, sprayed starting fluid in the carb, changed the battery and it fired up on the first bump of the key!!! gotta love it!!! we got it for 3800 on saturday, today is tuesday and i have already been offered 6000 cash for it! but i dont wanna sell it yet!!! it even has the factory am radio in it! and it works...even lights up at nite still!!!

------------------
68 convertible...
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old May 4th, 00, 05:10 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

john I bought the 67 RS car with the documentation very good driver not a show car but would not be ashamed to drive the car has PS,Factory A/C Turquios Deluxe interior, car still has the original hub caps. By the way thanks every one for the oppions I also have a few other cars 68 Z/28 matching # 302 car 67 Camaro Convertiable 66 SS Nova L-79 car and 67 Nova Wagon daily driver. Thanks <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by johnm:
Sounds great, documentation on a 30+ yr old car is impressive and ups the value. From the prices I have seen at Charlotte and the WEB lately, $12-15K isn't unreasonable at all. I looked at a poorly done 68 RS clone vert for $13K, and it needed lots. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

John
69 RS Vert
69 Coupe
73 Cuda 340
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message has been edited by Wayne (edited 05-04-2000).]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode