Amazing...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old Mar 9th, 01, 04:43 AM
Senior Tech
Kurt S

Jesse,
Sorry to hear it got stolen from you.
Could you confirm the axle code was QX0108G2E? It is the earliest JL8 axle I've seen and several months before the car.

Thanks!

------------------
Kurt S.
www.camaros.org

post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old Mar 9th, 01, 08:18 AM
Senior Tech
Dana

Wink

Kurt - Yes that is the correct numbers off the axle tube. I was the one who crawled under the car and wrote them down 2 days ago. I am sure Jesse would confirm those numbers from his records. It should be announced today who won the bid for this car. I hope it goes to someone local here in the Pacific NW as I would love to see it around at our local Camaro shows!

------------------
1969 RS-Z/28: Matching #'s DZ302, M20, 3.73, Tuxedo Black, Deluxe Black Interior, Factory Tach, Clock and Console Gauges, PS, Rear Defrost, Spoilers, ZL2 Special Ducted Hood.

1969 SS: Matching # 350/300, M20 4-spd, 3.55 12-bolt posi, Daytona Yellow, Black Deluxe Houndstooth, Factory Tach, Clock and Console Gauges. Front and Rear Spoilers.

'85 Z/28, 355 TPI w/ Crane Compu-Cam 2040, Crane adjustable fuel pressure regulator, 22# Injectors, TPIS Airfoil, K&N filters, Hypertech ThermoMaster Stage 2 Chip for '85 Vette, 160 Degree Thermostat, DynoMax Cat Back Exhaust, Rebuilt/Updated 700R4 w/shift kit, 3.23 posi rearend.

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old Mar 9th, 01, 09:02 AM

cant you reclaim the car?? did you just lose it after all that? no money no nothing?
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old Mar 9th, 01, 03:24 PM

Kurt, as DW stated the rear end was the correct one on the car when I owned it. The axle had all the correct original brackets and cables for four wheel disc brakes that are hard to find. To answer Stephen, I did receive an insurance settlement. When the car was recovered I could not inspect the car for 18 months because it was evidence. I was told the car was not started up and that there was damage to the interior and the drivers side door. Since I was unable to travel to Seattle to inspect the car when it was released due to my work schedule I did offer the ins co. a bid which they did not accept. I have since purchased a 70 RSZ28 that is original that I am enjoying. It's not as much of a head turner as my old 69 but it is faster!--which shocked me! DW please reply if you find out who wins the bid on the car. I also would like to see the car at a show on the West Coast.
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old Mar 9th, 01, 06:40 PM
Senior Tech
Dana

Jesse - FYI, it did have paint damage to the driver's side door at the front edge. I did not see any specific interior damage. It was very dirty from being stored in a dusty lot but was obvious to me and JC that the restoration under that dirt was top notch with alot of attention to detail. Very nice job. I havent heard who won the bid but will try to find out and post the info.

------------------
1969 RS-Z/28: Matching #'s DZ302, M20, 3.73, Tuxedo Black, Deluxe Black Interior, Factory Tach, Clock and Console Gauges, PS, Rear Defrost, Spoilers, ZL2 Special Ducted Hood.

1969 SS: Matching # 350/300, M20 4-spd, 3.55 12-bolt posi, Daytona Yellow, Black Deluxe Houndstooth, Factory Tach, Clock and Console Gauges. Front and Rear Spoilers.

'85 Z/28, 355 TPI w/ Crane Compu-Cam 2040, Crane adjustable fuel pressure regulator, 22# Injectors, TPIS Airfoil, K&N filters, Hypertech ThermoMaster Stage 2 Chip for '85 Vette, 160 Degree Thermostat, DynoMax Cat Back Exhaust, Rebuilt/Updated 700R4 w/shift kit, 3.23 posi rearend.
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 17, 06:10 PM
scott

Re: 69 JL8 Z28 from CA Recovered theft HELP INFO

Here's the thread I found Chill. Do you think you could still get in touch with Jesse. I would like to know as much about the car as I can. It's in pa now.

Last edited by scott h; Feb 27th, 17 at 06:29 PM.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old May 7th, 17, 07:27 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Charley

Garage

Sorry but I no longer have his #. The website admins might be able to contact him as he must have had a email listed with them.
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old May 8th, 17, 05:23 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jeff

Send a message via Yahoo to yellow69RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by clill View Post
I spoke with Jesse tonight. The car was stolen from him in 98 by a Young guy that paid for the car with Bad Cashier's checks. He also did the same thing on 2 Corvettes that same night. he stole 24 cars in all with Phoney Checks. Even Jessie's Bank thought they were real. They caught the guy about 8 months after he stole the Z. BEWARE of CASHIER'S CHECKS. The guy was from Seattle and is now in Prison.
Same thing happened to my neighbor on a 70 El Camino. It took his bank about 6 weeks to find out the check was forged. They caught the guy after he bought snowmobiles or quads across state lines. Not sure how much time he served, car has not been recovered to my knowledge.

Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode