Power Windows - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 00, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

I have an odd question. Is there a difference between the rear power window regulators for a 68 coupe and a 68 convertible? I purchased a complete set of regulators that "supposedly" came out of a 68 and when I tried to install the rear regulators in my convertible I found that the bolt pattern is different.
Any ideas?

------------------
68 RS/SS BB Convertible
homepage: http://home.swbell.net/paxtonr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 00, 07:46 PM

I have looked in several restoration catalogs and from what I have seen, the parts seem to be all the same, so the only explination I have is that it is from a different year, or maybe a different 68 car.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 12th, 00, 05:53 AM
Senior Tech

Most parts catalogs I have don't show any listings for power window regulators, onlt manual.

------------------
68 RS, Ash Gold,pwr windows,Hounds tooth

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 12th, 00, 04:51 PM
Senior Tech
Scott

The manual and power regulators are different. The manual ones, have the lever gear located higher and so the big toothed arm has its teeth higher.
Conversely since the power window motors basically hang downwards. The drive gear engages the big toothed arm at lower location.
I'm not sure about the other mounting holes, but I have both types stashed in a box somewhere (not for sale), so if you need pictures let me know.
By the way, it's not like you can buy a rear power window regulator anywhere. I have only seen one set on ebay in two years. The good new is the rear regulator rarely wear out. Sure the little nylon roller at the end of the arm breaks frequently. But you can get a car windshield place to rivet in a new one for $.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 13th, 00, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

Smile

Thanks for the input. I received a couple of emails from other sources that stated that I need to drill 2 new holes for the power regulators and that there are dimples if you look close enough. One is going to send photos with details. Thanks again.

------------------
68 RS/SS BB Convertible
homepage: http://home.swbell.net/paxtonr
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 15th, 00, 04:33 AM
Senior Tech

also remember theres a difference in shaft length fo rthe windows, convertables and deluxe interiors are longer because of the back seat being shorter and the ashtray armrests for the rear, as standar int cars have shorter shafts.

I have deluxe interior (power windows by armstrong ) so my shaft is long.

um, that sounds funny.

------------------
Chris's 67 RS can be seen at http://www.geocities.com/macphreak4evr/index.html
JOIN THE CAMARO NET WEBRING! www.geocities.com/macphreak4evr/webring/webringjoin.htm !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode