rear seat removal - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old May 9th, 01, 05:08 PM Thread Starter

Question

can enyone tell me how to get my rear seat out of my 67 camaro i push and pull and say a few choice words but it wont come out i want to put new vynle on it but i cant get it out. help!!!!!!!! scott t

------------------
scott t.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old May 9th, 01, 05:34 PM
Senior Tech

Push down very hard on the bottom-front of the seat while pushing back.

------------------
Geezer
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old May 9th, 01, 11:08 PM

Geezer's right. If this fails, face the rear seat - put a thick cloth between your knee and the bottom of the seat - kick the cloth with your knee - real hard (like I said, get a thick cloth). Repeat as necessary.
Do the kicking halfway between the driveshaft tunnel and the inner rocker panel for best results.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old May 10th, 01, 05:32 PM
Senior Tech

At about the middle of each seat if you reach under you can feel a piece of metal about a quarter inch wide, inch long and sticking up about a half inch or so with a small round metal piece of the seat hooked into it. It is sort of a "J" on its side (it goes forward toward the trunk and then curls upward on the back side facing the trunk. What you have to do is push the seat in while lifting so you can get the wire part of the seat to the back of the "J" part. Once you know what you are up against it a little easier to figure you what to do. I think it is possible to do one side at a time so you can actually feel how far you need to push the seat in before you can lift it out. Good Luck!!!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old May 11th, 01, 04:22 PM
Senior Tech
Joe

Talking

I do mine one side at a time; works OK. Still a real pain the first time.
Once it's out, put some WD 40 or silicone spray on the springs. It makes it LOTS easier next time!

Joe

------------------
69 396 w/SS Trim
[email protected]
69 Pics http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...559&a=11674961
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old May 12th, 01, 02:29 AM
Tech Team

What I did was get two thick towels and a 2X4. Cut the 2X4 just a little longer than the distance between the front seat and the back seat, wrap the towels around the ends of the 2X4 and gently wedge the board in the area of the j hook between the seats. Just make sure you use enough padding on the 2X4. Do 1 side at a time and it will come right out. Good luck!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old May 12th, 01, 04:46 AM
Senior Tech
Brian

After you get the bottom seat out, you will find two bolts with large washers holding the seat-back in place. Remove them and grab the seat by the bottom and push straight up. The seat is hanging from a couple of brackets just below the package tray. (I should say that it is that way on my 69. I am pretty sure the 68 is the same). You might want to install a new package tray and sound deadening felt while it is out. It is a pretty easy job.

------------------
Only 69 Z/28s
Garnet Red 30,000 mi
Glacier Blue
Rally Green new in 69
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old May 12th, 01, 08:51 AM
Senior Tech

There are a couple of metal tabs that bend over a slot in both bottom corners. You need to get those as well on the 68.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode