rally centers - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 00, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Jerry

guys, I have 2 GM rally wheels centers that I have only seen one other set. they are chrome with a blue bow tie in the center the lug nuts have a red dot on the end they also use red plastic spacers I worked in the parts dept. at a GM dealer in 1970-75 and I bought them at that time they were listed as optional rally wheel centers I just wondered if anybody ever seen anything like these on any camaros?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 00, 04:26 AM
Senior Tech
Gene

Pontiac used lug nuts with a red plastic insert on the end in 67 or 68 on Firebirds.

Never seen or heard of the rally caps you described.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 29th, 00, 07:46 AM

Thumbs up

Hello gentleman!! I'm a newbie to the site here but not to camaro's. I own a 69 SS that I have had for 4 years now. I do want to respond to molaker that I found a full set of these rally centers at a swap meet last year. They had (at the time) the original box that my darling bride threw away for me. They had on the box that these were for 69 only camaro,chevelle and nova and were for the steel wheels. I popped one of the derby caps off a rally wheel and held it on by hand and it looked gooood! I have not however tried to install them as I'm missing one lug nut. I'm still looking though! Thanks for a cool site!!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 29th, 00, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Jerry

Greenmachine, thanks for the reply, boy you must have been digging in the archive's to see this post. I bought a full set of these in 1970 and used them for centers on chrome reversed wheels, they looked good and I had lots of comments on them. my brother borrowed 2 of my wheels and tires and then sold his car and let my centers go with them boy I was #$%^:[ now I have only 2 left!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 31st, 00, 12:16 PM

Yeah, I've been stalking this web site for a couple months now from my work computer. (I don't have one at home yet)I stumbled across your post and said to myself cool, someone else has a set! I have never been able to find another cap or ANYBODY that has even seen these little gems. I have been to all the Chevy parts places and a couple of dealers to try to find one lug nut and they all look at me like I'm carrying a turd in my pocket.One of the aftermarket parts outfits said they think Classic Industries may have these nuts but wasn't sure.Does any one have a current catalog that if they don't mind looking at to see if they do? Mine is 2 years old and doesn't list them. Thanks!

------------------
Fathom Green 69 ss 350
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 31st, 00, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Jerry

I have classic camaro new parts book and they are not listed, I seen some of these centers for sale at a swap meet in springfield, mo about 10 years ago, but somebody had stole a couple of lug nuts from the guy that day. [they must be hard to come by] I wish I had bought them from him anyway!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 1st, 00, 09:21 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
joe

could they have been for the special edition bicentennial cars that were built in 1976?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode