69 RS with AC project car; fair price? - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 01, 07:32 AM Thread Starter

Greetings,

I just looked at a 69 RS with air this weekend and was thing about making an offer on the car. Its a project car that has sat for 15 years. The body is in fair condition. The floor is solid along with the trunk and front clip. It will however need rear quarters. It has no motor or trans and the only options are RS AC and tilt. The interior is fair. I'm not looking to make it a numbers matching car. I would like to put a TPI motor in it and make it a daily driver. I've been out of the market for a long while and don't know what these cars go for in this type of condition. Any idea on what its worth in this type of condition? The last camaro I purchased was a 67 RS Conv. for $600 from the orginal owner back in 77 (my first car). I still have it today.

Thanks for any estimates.

Shawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 01, 08:02 AM

Shawn,
I don't know what the car is worth or what you are willing to pay for it,but I have a word of caution on the interior and that is you might want to allow for replacing all the cushions and vinyl on the seats. After sitting for 15 years, the internal part of the seats tend to go away.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 01, 04:19 PM
Senior Tech

Here in Ohio Camaro are worth there weight in gold. If the body is fair and the front clip is complete would think you are looking at $3,000 to $5,000. For a little bit more money you can probable get a car with a engin that runs. It has been my experence people do not let project car's go for cheep. That is unless they are completly swiss cheese and even those sometimes go for alot. Last year I looked at a 68 camaro with no floor boards, engin, or tranny. A complete mess and the guy was firm on 2,500. Also one in Penn. It had a 70's 454 and had been sitting in a ladies house for 20 years outside (convertable). She got it as collateral on a loan she gave some kid and he did pay so she keeped the car. The entire body was rusted thru. I don't know how the thing stayed to gather. Some guy bought it off of her (probable pritty cheep) and wanted $4,000 firm.

Good luck on your car search

There are deals out ther

------------------
69 SS

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 01, 10:19 AM

Shawn,

I bought a true 69 RS project car last year. I'd wanted a 69 since I was a kid and was probably a little too hasty. Non matching motor/trans, but pretty complete and strong running. Usual rust around quarters, fenders and tailpan. Interior good shape. Of course once I got it home and started looking hard, the extent of the rust and rot became evident. I'm taking it to the body shop next week and dropping about 5 grand (not including new sheet metal). I paid around 7,000 for it and think I paid probably way too much. But, it's mine and about two months from now, it will be sweet! Just make sure yours is a real RS...ripoffs aren't too hard to do. My two cents.

------------------
69 RS 350 (under construction)
98 GMC Sierra 1500, Z-71, X-cab, K&N
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode