wiper problem - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 24th, 00, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

hi guys just putting my camaro back together and the wipers are driving me crazy. they appear to be stopping on the full up position. i've checked my wires and they seem right. they worked fine before the dash and wiper motor where removed two years ago for restoration.
69 z28
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 24th, 00, 04:20 PM
Kevin

Trezpan, was that your car at Gary Besty's a while back? I'm looking for references before sending mine to him.

Wipers... haven't worked on them for while. The wiper motor arm, if I remember correctly, can be mounted 2 ways (180 deg off.) Did you run the motor and let it stop before attaching the arm? Then the wiper motor arm should point to the drivers side, then adjust the wipers themselves. Kevin

------------------
69' SS-350 ragtop, M20, 3.55 posi. Totally Disassembled & in boxes (I'm working on it!)
69' Hugger Orange Z-21 ragtop 327/PG, Driver
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 00, 02:46 AM
Tech Team

Trezpan,

There are index marks on the gear box of the wiper motor and the arm that attaches to the wiper arm links. Make sure you align these marks. You most likely got this on 90 degrees out. Sorry for the non technical descriptions, but I don't know the terms for these parts. Someone else may be able to give a better description.

H-dog

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 00, 08:16 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Thumbs up

thanks yeah 180 off yes kevin, gary did paint my car and i'm very happy with his work. if you would like to get together to see the car just e mail me at [email protected]
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 00, 03:29 PM
Senior Tech
Jeff

What's up trezpan? I'd like to check out your car sometime since mine will look very similar to yours. Maybe that will help motivate me more and get me working on the car. Talk t oyou later, Jeff H.

------------------
Jeff H - 93 Indy 500 Pace Car(supercharged), Hugger Orange 69 Z28 with JL8 brakes & crossram
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode