CROSSMEMBER - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 00, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

Angry

I BOUGHT A 67 CAMARO TO RESTORE AND AFTER SORTING THREW ALL OF THE PARTS THERE WAS NO TRANSMISSION CROSSMEMBER. I NOW TRYING TO FIND THE RIGHT CROSSMEMBER THAT WOULD FIT MY CAR I HAVE A 327 SBC WITH A MANUAL 3SPD. THERE ARE 3 DIFFERENT STYLES, WHAT DOES THE ONE I NEED LOOK LIKE?
THANKS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jul 26th, 00, 10:17 AM
David Pozzi

The round one is for Big Blocks with turbo 400. It curves back for the longer trans.

There is a small block one for manual and auto trans.

There is a big block one which I have not seen but it is supposed to look like the small block one above but thicker metal.
The T400 round one has the trans mount holes offset to the passenger side a little. The bigblock one for four speed use may be offset too.

The last two above are made from two stamped pieces that are spot welded together.
It looks like a square section piece with flat flanges on front and rear lower edges.

David

------------------
Check my web page for suspension info:
David's Homepage
67 RS 327
69 Camaro Vintage Racer
65 Lola T-70 Can Am Vintage Racer
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jul 27th, 00, 02:16 AM
Senior Tech

If you don't use the TH400 one then you will be all set. The other two are almost the same. The small block one has a oval opening where the trans mount bolts go. The BB 4 speed one has a larger square opening with a corner cut off. Except for the opening they are pretty much the same except for price. I have seen the BB 4 speed ones used with SB and vice versa. The SB versions are really cheap. Same crossmembers used on the early seveties Nova, Apollo, Omega, and Ventura. There is another current post on this site about crossmembers also and I guess there is a link to one on ebay. I think there is a picture
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode