Water leak help!!! - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 00, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

I have not been able to find the source of a leak in a 69 Camaro..the leak is causing the rear drivers side floor area to get wet..Nothing else is wet on that area of the floor..I have resealed both the front and rear glass because they were leaking and had rust in the channels which I repaired by cutting out the bad spots and replacing with new steel...Now I have this leak I cannot find..Ant ideas on where to start,I am new to 1st gen Camaros and am hoping someone can point me in the right direction..Thanks in advance for the help!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 00, 07:52 PM
David Pozzi

Try this. Put the car in the garage, close the door. Turn the heater fan on full blast, engine off. close all windows and vents. Go around the car and feel for air coming out. Your face is the most sensitive to the air flow. Or use a cigarette and watch the smoke.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 00, 05:01 AM

I assume you've taken a pretty hard look at all the windows, but if you haven't, look closely at the rear side windows. Due to the way the floor pans slope and where the water is collecting, the rear quarter window sounds suspicious. Also, have you looked underneath the carpet, is the body plug still there?
------------------
Shawn Peterson
1969 Z28, 406SB
http://www.geocities.com/corsican69

[This message has been edited by Shawn (edited 02-22-2000).]

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 00, 12:58 PM
Tech Team

Another thing to add is to take some soapy water in a spray bottle and spray aound seams and windows. Check the back window and also look for wetness at the bottom of your interior panels (front door and rear 1/4)Does the floor get wet if it just sits or does it only happen after driving in the rain. If it's only when driving. it is most likely in the wheel house. Waterleaks are truly one of the worst things around to fix. Hope this helps-Dan in WV
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 23rd, 00, 12:25 PM
Senior Tech

Hey it could be your trunk. My trunk leaked bad and all the water would soak right behind the drivers seat. My car smelled so bad!

------------------
BLack 69 coupe 350/TH400 factory A/C
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode