spin tech muffers - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 01, 02:10 PM Thread Starter

does anyone have spin tech muffers, and if so do you like them and are they worth it,also do you have the ovals or round pipe ,how well did they fit ,and what size of pipe did you use. i was wanting to use a 2 1\2 or 3in

------------------
dogg leg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 01, 04:03 PM

Question

I want in on this! Why are they called spin-tech?? In other words, how are they made?pdq67

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 01, 04:27 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Scott

Everything you need to know about Spintech mufflers can be found here; http://www.spintechmufflers.com/spin...ntechindex.asp
I have the sportsman street round 2-1/2" with an X-Pipe and tailpipes that exit in the stock location. They sound great and flow better than any other muffler.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 01, 05:27 PM

Scott,

Could you give a description of how load they are compared to a Flowmaster 2 chamber? I am interested in these mufflers as well. A friend regrets not buying the Spin Techs but never really asked him why but I will next time the topic comes up.

Joseph
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 01, 06:17 PM
Tech Team

Thumbs up

My exhaust consists of a 3 1/2" dr.gas X-pipe/spin-tech mufflers and turndown.My friends and I think this system is quieter than my previous 2 1/2" 2-chamber flowmasters with crossover and turndowns.One of these friends has a 5" ovel system with X-pipe and spintechs.You would be amazed how quiet they are for their size.Maybe quiet isn't a good choice of words but you get the idea.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 01, 06:17 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Scott

They don't sound anything like a Flowmaster. They have a crisper sound, about as loud as a 3 chamber, but not that hollow resonating annoying sound. Do a search on Flowmaster most people who have them want to get rid of them. As for the 2 chamber Flowmasters you might as well run straight pipes, that way when you get the excessive noise ticket you wouldn't have wasted the bucks on the Flowmasters. Every motor will sound different and the X-Pipe gives it a slightly higher pitch. I have a 302 with a bigger cam than the 30-30 and the heads are S/R Torquers that have been pocket ported and gasket matched. At 7000RPM they sound assume.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 01, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

thanks for the reply on this guys i`m going to go head on this ,there about 140.00 dollars each,i found some one who has aset and they sound better than the old flow sound
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode