Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 00, 04:36 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
will

Question

im looking at getting a kit for my 350 and this is what the guy laid out:
re-ring kit, 8 forged pistons(dont know what type forgot to ask), world products s/r torquer 202-160 170cc intake runners and either a 64cc (about 9.34:1) or 76cc (about 8.62:1), manley pro series timing set, comp cams magnum pushrods...that comes to about $1500. i was goin to add a cam/lifter (comp cams of course) 244-244/ .501-.501. can u guys let me know if this is a pretty healthy kit or not? thanx

------------------
Black 82 Z28 t-top, 350 w/ TH350
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 00, 02:48 PM
Banned

Chevyperformance,

We've been talking alot about cams recently. I think that you will find that a 244/244 cam is tooo much for 9+ CR. Do a search for Marks posts on the subject. pdq67

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 00, 04:00 PM
Senior Tech

Thumbs up

I have that same camshaft in a 327 (.040) similar heads, victor Jr. intake, and all the rest are similar parts. My 327 made 314 hp at the rear wheels (6200rpm)(approx.360 to 370 at the flywheel) and my compression ratio is approx 10:1-10.5:1. It will seem a little milder in a 350, but not much. If you are running power brakes, and an automatic transmission, stock manifolds, you may want to go with a comp cams 280H instead, especially if you are going to drive it often. I don't have the power brakes, and I have a 4 speed, and headers,it sounds radical and makes great power, but I can get away with it with the stick, victor jr. and only running approximately 2000 miles a year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode