steering column help - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 21st, 01, 06:20 AM Thread Starter

I need the parts diagram to help me put back together a 67 floor shift column. I cant figure out a few small detials. you can email me at [email protected]

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 01, 02:03 PM
Senior Tech

Last months car craft mag. had a article on rebuilding a column. complete with a exploded view and parts sources.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 01, 05:48 PM
SY1
Senior Tech
Dave

Year One has a pretty good break down in their Camaro catalog on the 67-8 columns. I've rebuilt a few of the 67-8 columns, I'll look tomorrow in the shop to see if I can find any manuals with breakdowns I've used. you are right there a couple of parts that aren't real obvious just how they go together. I've been there. Can you be more specific on what part you're having trouble fitting together or do you just need a go overall breakdown or manual to help out? I'll scan you anything I have and send it to your e-mail.
Dave

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 01, 02:16 AM Thread Starter

I dont really know what I have done wrong, but the top of the column is about 1/16 of an inch from allowing me to insert the pin that holds it in place. If that makes any sense to you.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 01, 02:18 AM Thread Starter

I need any info on how to put one back together I can get. I do not have a year one catalog. Thanks for your post.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 01, 06:51 AM
SY1
Senior Tech
Dave

I sent the pics and text that should help you get your column back together. Like I said most people have problems assembling upper bearing, lock plate and bowl assemblies, so don't feel bad about it, it takes a little practice. Also Year One only has a 69-78 column breakdown, I was wrong onthat one. If you have problems with the pics or text email me and I'll resend them.
Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode