97 in 69?? - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 01, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

Hey guys,
I purchased a 97 Z28 for the LT1 and T56...is there anything else on this car I may be able to use?? like brakes??? anything other than the obvious front seets or tires..hahaha thanks in advance
Dominick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 01, 05:38 AM
Tech Team

mindcrime...keep the wireing harness,any electronic parts,computer ,ect.you might even keep the whole car untill your done with the conversion...just incase...was it wrecked? david

------------------
1969 z11 pace car.396/350 hp..1997 30th convertible prickyard pace car [email protected]
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 01, 06:04 AM Thread Starter

69 Z11 yes it is a total loss........and I knew about the wirimg harness and computers....I was just wondering if there was anything that would cross over to the 69......I see your in Az....you don't have any parts for sale do ya???? hahaha
thanks
Dominick

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 01, 07:38 PM

I would keep the whole car for misc. things like the hydraulic clutch setup, and the power rack and pinion and front suspension. I think the rack is behind the a-arms like the 69's steering geometry. That would be nice to get rid of that bulky gear box! A big block would really fit nice. Keep the rear axle for the disk brakes and posi too.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 01, 07:44 PM
Senior Tech
John

Talking

There was a 69 in a mag about 2 years ago...he reused EVERYTHING he could off a 94-96Z. Even the self dimming rear view mirror. Depends on your skills I guess. Sounds like a neat project. Good luck ~ John

------------------
1968 RS, 355/4spd/12 blt w/3.55's.www.camarogenerations.com
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 2nd, 01, 05:21 PM
Tech Team

sorry,i dont have any parts...my 97 brickyard 30th anniversary has only 250 miles on it...david

------------------
1969 z11 pace car.396/350 hp..1997 30th convertible brickyard pace car [email protected]
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 01, 04:54 PM

Mindcrime,
Once I was told not to sell any parts till the project was finished just in case you need other parts.
Well I sold some items during my resto on the 69. Also sold a 68 parts car I thought I had all the parts off of it I would need. Wrong both times.
Then you'll go looking for the parts again,
I was able to buy back some parts, but I used another user name. The person I sold them to wouldn't respond to my regular user name. I did get them back. If he responded to the first e-mail I would have paid more though.
It was for an A/C housing. All I needed was the relay on the evap. box that GM doesn't make anymore. I believe the person was from your area too.
If the wrecked car isn't in the way you'd be better off keeping it till the project is done. Less headaces.

502 Bob

------------------
69 Z-502
Body by Fisher and Customized by Fisher
www.mobiletools1.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode