rs harness - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Dec 3rd, 00, 06:27 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team

I have a 67 rs .Someone has changed the grill to a standard.Is there anyway to tell if the rs harness has been changed too.This is my first rs so i dont know the difference between them.Thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Dec 3rd, 00, 07:16 AM
Senior Tech
William

There should be a relay panel mounted inside the LH front fender. It is between the inner fender and core support, sort of near the washer bottle. Also check the core support for switches along side the headlamp housings.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Dec 3rd, 00, 02:05 PM
Gold Lifetime Member

Garage
That's correct, first look for the relays & switchs. If they have been removed check the harness as they may have taken the extra wires and just wrapped them up in the main that runs along radiator support and under the top of driverside fender. Are the front RS turn signals on the lower valance still?

------------------
Steve
67 SS 396,4-sp
67 RS 327,4-sp
72 RS 350/350
69 4X4 suburban 350,4-sp
73 3/4 ton 454/400
http://www.geocities.com/stevocamaro

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Dec 3rd, 00, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stevo camaro:
That's correct, first look for the relays & switchs. If they have been removed check the harness as they may have taken the extra wires and just wrapped them up in the main that runs along radiator support and under the top of driverside fender. Are the front RS turn signals on the lower valance still?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>No,the front valance has been changed.It still has rs fenders and headlight baskets but everything was removed from baskets.Bummer too,big bucks to put it back.checked for relays and wiring.There is a box there betweenthe fender and radiator,right next to the washer bottle.Its about 3in. wide and 3in. tall 3in. deep with a5 wire connector.Has a capacitor on the side of it.Ichecked the marker lights and they go from light right into harness,has not been cut no where.doesnt look like wires would be long enough to go to valance.there was another little box under the big but i beleave its relay.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Dec 3rd, 00, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lukes67:
Quote:
Originally posted by stevo camaro:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>No,the front valance has been changed.It still has rs fenders and headlight baskets but everything was removed from baskets.Bummer too,big bucks to put it back.checked for relays and wiring.There is a box there betweenthe fender and radiator,right next to the washer bottle.Its about 3in. wide and 3in. tall 3in. deep with a5 wire connector.Has a capacitor on the side of it.Ichecked the marker lights and they go from light right into harness,has not been cut no where.doesnt look like wires would be long enough to go to valance.there was another little box under the big but i beleave its relay.
Also checked for the switches and could not find any.They have taken a wirefrom the passenger headlight up to the radiator over to the engine and around the top rad. hose to the box i was talking about.All of this is mounted to the rad. core.Beleave its just voltage reg. though.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Dec 3rd, 00, 04:01 PM
Gold Lifetime Member

Garage
Your right luke, I think your looking at the voltage regulater by the washer bottle. I believe the other little square block your seeing is the horn relay. It's possible they changed wiring harnesses. Did you unwrap any of the wiring along the radiator support? It's the only thing I would know to do at this point. They could have kept the RS harness, and rewrapped it with the unused wires neatly tucked inside, making it look clean. I do have a RS wiring diagram book but it's not here right now. I "think" the limit switch wires are purple. I'll look on my car tomarrow.

------------------
Steve
67 SS 396,4-sp
67 RS 327,4-sp
72 RS 350/350
69 4X4 suburban 350,4-sp
73 3/4 ton 454/400
http://www.geocities.com/stevocamaro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode