1969Z28 R.S. - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old Dec 4th, 00, 06:16 PM Thread Starter

Question

I would like to know how rare this car really is. It has the dz302 4 speed trans.and posi rearend all numbers matching.It also has a rubber bumper. The paint is factory silver and the interior is the factory interior and is in great condition. It also still has the original exhaust with the resinators.127000 miles on the car. If anyone knows about it or how to find out I would appreciate the info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old Dec 4th, 00, 06:49 PM
Tech Team

I think it all depends on each persons definition of "rare". Compared to a 69 ZL1 or COPO 427 car it's not very rare. But compared to a "base" car it's fairly rare. 20302 Z/28's were built out of 243,085 Camaros in 1969. Of that 20302 an unknown percentage were R/S optioned cars. The R/S option added to a Z/28, SS car or COPO car makes it more rare in terms of numbers of cars with the options combined. I would say your car is rarer than most 69 Camaros,some on this sight will disagree with me(there has been some good discussions on this subject in the past) Cary

------------------
69 Z/28 R/S : Daytona Yellow, Blk Vinyl Top, X33, DZ302, M21, 4.10 Posi, Blk Deluxe interior, 8k tach, console and guages, wood wheel and dash, ZL2 ducted hood, endura bumper.

[This message has been edited by [email protected] (edited 12-04-2000).]
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old Dec 4th, 00, 10:15 PM
Senior Tech
John

Talking

Even just judging by what you see at shows and cruise ins, the # of RS Z's is far lower than the # of standard Z's you will see. I would say it is pretty rare and definitely a good find if it is really complete. Good luck ~ John

------------------
1968 RS, 355/4spd/12 blt w/3.55's.www.camarogenerations.com

post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old Dec 5th, 00, 05:50 AM
Senior Tech
Jeff

I would estimate that they probably made 3000-5000 RS/Z28's in 69. Not real rare like the COPO, ZL1, JL8. But, a real 69 RS/Z28 is very desireable especially being original like that. It sounds like a great car, but give us some more details.

------------------
Jeff H - 93 Indy 500 Pace Car(supercharged), Hugger Orange 69 Z28 with JL8 brakes & crossram
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old Dec 5th, 00, 02:22 PM
Senior Tech
Steve

Garage
Post the #'s off the car....
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old Dec 5th, 00, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

Smile

Thanks for all of the replys.This is my first time on this site and i think it is excellent.The vin is 124379L507141.What other numbers should I post?The tach is 8K.It does have the console with gauges.
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old Dec 5th, 00, 05:14 PM
Senior Tech
Dana

Talking

stretrdr - Post the numbers of the cowl tag that is on the firewall behind the brake master cylinder and booster.

Thanks .

------------------
1969 RS-Z/28: Matching #'s DZ302, M20, 3.73, Tuxedo Black, Deluxe Black Interior, Factory Tach, Clock and Console Gauges, PS, Rear Defrost, Spoilers, ZL2 Special Ducted Hood.

'85 Z/28, 355 TPI w/ Crane Compu-Cam 2040, Crane adjustable fuel pressure regulator, 22# Injectors, TPIS Airfoil, K&N filters, Hypertech ThermoMaster Stage 2 Chip for '85 Vette, 160 Degree Thermostat, DynoMax Cat Back Exhaust, Rebuilt/Updated 700R4 w/shift kit, 3.23 posi rearend.
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old Dec 5th, 00, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

cowl tag is as follows. Body by fisher st 69 12437 LOS 164930 BDY TR 711 PNT OE A573
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old Dec 5th, 00, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

I forgot to mention factory clock and AM radio still work. Back seat has never been sat on.
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old Dec 5th, 00, 06:11 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Scott

stretrdr,

I noticed you are from G.G. Have you ever been to the Saturday morning car show in Huntington Beach on Magnolia and Adams? It's a free show lot's of quality cars. You have to get there early @6AM before the lot fills up, most cars are gone by 10AM.
post #11 of 47 (permalink) Old Dec 5th, 00, 07:20 PM
Tech Team
Mike

Hmmm...Huntingdon Beach, eh. I wonder how many tankfuls that'd be in my car? 454 w/4.10's. Coming from Mira Mesa(just inland of La Jolla). My company www.covad.com is located in Huntingdon Beach, maybe I could find an excuse to come up there one weekend and expense it! hehehe Sounds like a plan to me!

Mike
post #12 of 47 (permalink) Old Dec 5th, 00, 07:57 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Scott

Mike,

That's some expense account you must have. There aren't that many Camaros at the show sure would be nice to see more. Anyway the show or hot rod get together happens every Saturday morning starting @6AM, there are about 150 cars all years makes models. It's fairly close to Classic Industries so you could go there afterwards and pick up something you need for your 68.

post #13 of 47 (permalink) Old Dec 6th, 00, 10:34 AM
Senior Tech
Kurt S

You missed the paint code. I assume it's either 69-69 or 69-B or ......
Everything looks fine with those #'s, but they don't tell us a whole lot, just that it is a V8 LA car with std black interior.
What's the #'s on the engine pad, stamped on the side of the trans and stamped on the rear axle? See the 'Decoding' section of www.camaros.org for a great sketch of the axle location and info on the trans location.

Those #'s will tell us much more.

------------------
Kurt S.
www.camaros.org

post #14 of 47 (permalink) Old Dec 6th, 00, 03:05 PM
Senior Tech

Wouldn't that early of a car have a 7k tach?
The 8k's didn't start phasing in 'til around Jan. 69.
post #15 of 47 (permalink) Old Dec 6th, 00, 03:25 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

McCorry,

You have a car in your Van Nuys registry that is 2 cars after his VIN (507143), looks like you better add this one to your registry.

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode