Anyone have a aluminum dash??? - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 5th, 01, 06:05 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Im converting my car to a full race car for next year and I was going to put in a aluminum dash. Just wondering if anyone has one and how you made it or where you bought it?
Thanks,
Bobby Schulz.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 5th, 01, 07:13 AM

Thumbs up

What year camaro is it? I probably can get one made for you. Or you can try www.edmundsmetal.com and see if they would do it. The problem is they are a local company here in bradenton and I dont know if they would do it unless you gave them the exact dimensions and anything else needed to make it. Possibly even a diagram. I dont know though. My uncle is one of the top guys there and we are good friends with the owner(he races a 32 chevy called the playmate) I will find out for you if you want? My guess is that they would do it because everyone there is into racing both circle track and drag racing. Oh yea can you give me a little more info on the car?

[This message has been edited by fordthrasher (edited 04-05-2001).]
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 01, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

thanks for the info

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 01, 08:29 PM
Senior Tech

i've got an aluminum dash a previous owner hacked the dash out with a sawzall and welded in a couple of pieces of inch and a half square tubing from wall to wall then slapped a piece of .060 with ProComp gauges in it...make me wanna puke everytime I get in the car...but come this summer, that thing is gone. I think it is actually heavier than the orig would have been with all accessories. What a numb-skull. please take my story as a "what not to do" and have a professional make something tasteful and with the proper aluminum supports bent up and riveted in if weight is a factor. I was going to recommend my Dad, but he is in Calif..does real nice custom aluminum work. Make sure you see a prtfolio or some other stuff the dude has done so you don't end up like me and my dash.

------------------
poor man's '69 with lots of road gunk underneath...but Im not gonna give up...ever!!!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 12th, 01, 08:30 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Thanks for the information I plan on making a very nice looking dash with some rolled bow tie emblems on it etc. Im making my 72 a pro street and it has to be nice so I can also show it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode