69 RS TAILLIGHTS - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 00, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

Question

I have a pair of original RS taillights complete for a 69 camaro perfect condition I'm going to sell anybody know what there worth?Mines a SS dont need them.

------------------
DON MAHAN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 00, 03:22 PM
Senior Tech

may try searching ebay for current and past auctions, might give you a clue if you can find some.

------------------
To see a pic of my car, click here... pages.prodigy.net/mtbmtb/rf396ss.jpg
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 00, 04:25 PM Thread Starter

Thanks,but already tried that just standard lens on there.Thanks

------------------
DON MAHAN

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 00, 12:51 PM
Senior Tech

RS housing's used run around $60.00 ea.
RS lenses used run around $55.00 ea.

------------------
NOTHING LIKE A 69 !!!!!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 00, 06:09 AM

How about a pair I seen at the swapmeet I went to Sunday for $30, very good condition. Pat, are you telling me that a pair of complete used 69 RS tail light assemblies go for $230!!! Realistically around $50 for the pair is fair. Swapmeet prices are the lowest you will find but not everyone has that conveienence. You could put a add on the internet and get more money as now you attract people that may not have access to used parts as easily as a swapmeet or local want ads. Apparently there are ways to get $230 for them which may be worth looking into
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 00, 03:12 PM
Senior Tech

To 68ss396, I am going by the listed price's
I was told, when I called D&R and Firewheel Classic's. And these part's were used. If they can sell them for these price's, I think
NVMYSS could probably sell his for almost that much. I've seen standard set's go for....$35.00 to $40.00 at swap meet's. But GM built more std's then rs's and you can get repo back housing for std's. I guess it depend's what area of the country you live in, and the availibility of the part's.

------------------
NOTHING LIKE A 69 !!!!!

[This message has been edited by Pat's 69's (edited 04-10-2000).]

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 00, 02:31 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

I beleive PAT IS RIGHT I POSTED THESE RS TAILLIGHTS ON THIS WEB PAGE IN THE PARTS FOR SALE ,I PUT A ASKING PRICE OF $150.00,I HAD 13 E-MAILS IN 2 HOURS SOLD THEM TO THE FIRST GUY WHO E-MAILED ME FOR $150.00,SO I WOULD SAY THERE WORTH MORE THAN $150.00.ABOUT 7 OTHER PEOPLE WHO E-MAILED ME JUST ASKED FOR SHIPPING COST AND MY ADDRESS TO WHERE THEY SHOULD SEND A CHECK.

------------------
DON MAHAN
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 00, 02:34 AM Thread Starter

THANKS FOR THE INFO PAT.

------------------
DON MAHAN
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 00, 02:49 AM

PAT and NVMYSS. I'm glad you got all the money for the lights. I didn't mean anything I said to be directed at either of you. Its just that I hate the fact that some places set the rate so high for something that can be had so cheap with a little effort and investigation. No wonder so many cars get parted out. I struggle to be able to afford to fix up the thing I have now while other people are parting out original RS/SS and Z cars that don't even need that much but do so because they can get $150 for the lights and so on. On another post here I seen someone asking about the 69 dash carriers and how they paid $100 for it then $75 to have it redone. I have seen these in mint shape at swap meets for $50. Last year I bought one for a 69 with the center clock still intact with the complete wiring harness and fuse box still attached for $40 with no damage at all. Nobody wants to put any effort into searching anymore. I love it when people ask where am I going to find this? Most of the time its still available GM or in every Camaro parts catalog out there. I don't understand some people. If someone wants to pay $150 for your lights then thats great for you and I'm glad. But these people are not helping the hobby
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 00, 05:55 AM Thread Starter

68SS396,No offense takin here I agree with you 100%,I bought these from a guy I used to work for for my SS,that he took off a RS 15 years ago and trust me the car was not savable,only thing he saved off the car was the rear section,it was hit hard.But that is an important issue,we need to save these cars not part them out just because its easy money ive seen alot of old cars at swap meets that people are parting out that are fixable,usually you ask why,they say because they dont have a title,unless it was stolin you can get a title.I just recently got a 69 ss big block car that had been sitting since 1984 I beleive if anybody else around here would have gottin it it would have been parted out,but after 6 months of sweat and tears it is almost done,Thats called LABOR OF LOVE.But anyways mines a SS car and didnt need RS lights,Iwas going to put Rs front end on it.But we do need those donor cars or we wouldnt have those awesome swap meets.But usually the people at swap meets thats selling parts cheap are the people that buy these cars cheap and dont care about restoring,just making a few dollars,but I,ve never seen a buisness who deals in old cars part one out if it is savable.but in my book they all have potintial.If they dont make it fabricate it.For instance my SS rear frame was rusted under the front area and up the curve,know one makes that part, but theres places out there who have rust free frames but for $1200.00 they will cut out the frame and ship it to you then youll spend hours cutting and welding,I cant afford that so I made templates and fabed my own and its much stronger and looks great. But as for searching the internet for parts thats great I love swap meets but it is nice to sit back and look for what you need .

------------------
DON MAHAN
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 00, 02:57 PM
Senior Tech

Basically boys a part is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. If someone else thought those taillights were worth a $1000.00, then that's what there worth. Pricing in the open market place has nothing to do about what's fair, it has to do about what you think someone else is willing to pay for your stuff and how long you are willing to wait.

68SS396,

I admire people like yourself that are resourceful and patient enough to get bargains on your Camaro parts at places such at swap meets and such. I have a blast going to these myself. One of my personal character faults is that I have no patience for bargain hunting and so basically I wind up paying for it which is fine for me. I know however that I am in the minority on this. Plus I am some what of a perfectionist so minor flaws become unacceptable to me as well.

Case in point, I recently paid $450.00 for a near perfect complete woodgrain dash for my 69 camaro. Was that fair price??? Yeah cause I was willing to pay it. Was that an excessive price to pay??? I would say yes for most people but I wanted the dash more than I wanted the money so I was happy with the transaction and I know the seller was happy because he got far more than he thought he would. I wasn't willing to wait any longer for another chance at a dash they quit making 30 years ago, so I paid the price. Now everyone's happy.

God Bless America and the free economic system!!! It takes all types to make this thing work.

Submitted respectfully

[This message has been edited by sr71bb (edited 04-11-2000).]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode