Title... - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 7th, 01, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

I recently bought a 69 Camaro. When I did it did not have a title. I have the bill of sale and the registration for it. I bought it in New York, where it was registered. I live in Texas. I called to see if I could get a title, and I was under the assumption that a bill of sale and the old registration were enough to get a title. The DMV told me otherwise. This will be a street car so this is a PROBLEM!!! Any help is greatly appreciated.

Matt Butts
69 Camaro
Chevy 383, Holley 750, T-56
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 7th, 01, 12:13 PM
Senior Tech

I'm pretty sure you will have to apply for a title in the state it was last registered.
Contact the DMV in New York and find out what their procedure is for applying for a title.

Was the person you bought it from the last registered owner? If not you'll have to track
the last registered owner down and have them sign off on it.

That's how it works here in Nebraska.I almost had to apply for a title for my 74 Z28, but the owner found it a few months later. When I contacted the NE. DMV there were forms I had to fill out. It's a good thing he found it, cause it's not an overnight process from what I understand.

Good luck!

------------------

Racer#00

Plain Jane 67
76 Trans Am Stock Car
74 Z28 (Basket case)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 7th, 01, 05:04 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jack

Check broadwaytitle.com website.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 8th, 01, 07:25 PM

I don't know about other states but in NY there is no title for a pre 73 cars and trucks just a transfereble registration.My freind works at dmv so I'll ask about what you need to do.I'll try to get an answer by mon.

------------------
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 9th, 01, 12:35 PM
Senior Tech

I have purchased two 30 year old cars out of NY and registered them in GA. In both cases I got a transferrable title and bill of sale. In GA when registering an older car, if you turn in a title from another state, you get a new GA title. If you turn in an out of state transferrable registration, you will get a GA transferrable registration. Perhaps your state works the same for older cars.

[This message has been edited by 70 RS/Z-28 (edited 06-10-2001).]
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 01, 01:59 AM

rob t is correct. a 69 would only need a bill of sale (not really needed if car is over 10 years old) and the last registration, which if you look on the back has the part you fill in and sign to sell the car. only 73 or newer vehicles need a title. you might have to get something from new york motor vehicles saying thats all you need.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode