factory air replacment parts - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 01, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

Question

my 69 rs car has the factory air and i would like to keep it in tack ! has anyone replaced the factory P.O.A. or throtaling valve ? recently ? as most parts houses do not show a replacment for this part or maybe retro valve that will maintain the function ?
the part numbers are ac-delco 15-5531, NPD was not able to assest

------------------
R.Chambers
69 rs327 a/t & SS396 m/t
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 01, 08:41 PM
Senior Tech
Dale

I did my air,just last month.I changed the POA to what is called a update kit.The kit is a aluminum tube that has a schrader valve and a low pressure switch.It will make your ac system have a cycling clutch.This will save on gas.It doesn't look stock,but none of the new POA valves look like the origional.I just got back from a 350 mile trip and the ac worked perfectly.We have allready had a 100 deg. day,and it was nice and chilly.I've worked on some customers cars with the POA valve,and found them to be a pain to get them as cold as mine. If I could have found a POA that looked origional,and reasonably priced(under 100$),I would have kept the POA,just for the look.But now,I really feel I made a good decision,on the update kit. I know Big A had the POA,I believe the application was for a Ford,no one had a new one for a 68 Camaro.I believe they had one for a Firebird though.I believe the update kit came from Vintage Air,cost about 80$. Good luck.

------------------
68 z28 ,68 rs 327 ,73 454 vette, 2 goofy kids
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 01, 11:00 AM

Thumbs up

614Rob
Try "Old Air Parts" oldairproduct.com 817-531-3257 their located in Fort Worth TX. they sell oem replacement hoses, valves,driers, and many other hard to find parts. I have delt with them. They are about to supply the big dogs with OEM parts from what I'm told. Call and ask for a brochure. Also try the web site...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode