newbie carb question - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Dec 29th, 00, 09:27 AM Thread Starter

Hey all,
I have an 85 Z-28 with the LG-4 engine. I would like to get rid of the carb and go with a TBI unit. What all would I need to change? I assume the intake manifold and fuel pump. Could I maintain my stock computer crap? Whats the best and least expensive way to do this. Can I get the parts from a junkyard? Which would be the best car? I do plan to add a 350 in a year.
thanx much,
darren
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Dec 29th, 00, 10:00 AM

i doubt that you will beable to keep that computer.... if i was you i would just find a TPI setup off a 3rd gen it can be off a 305 or 350 .... they are the same units and on the computer...... you might have luck taking the computer from that camaro but it will probibly be very very troublesome if you've got 800 bucks to blow get an accel computer for TPI it will make it sequiential FI not burst FI (witch is what stock TPI's are in the 80's)this will improve gas milage and tunabillity witch is the main reasons why you want FI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode