Team Camaro Tech banner

Speed Demon Carb

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  snakes 
#1 ·
I have a fastburn 385 crate motor with the hot cam and 1.6 rockers. Dynoed 441 with my friends holley 750. Everything I've read praises the speed demon carbs. Has anyone have any experiences with these.

Thanks..

------------------
69 ss-350

#2 ·
Many times topics have been discussed in the past and you can't go through every forum finding your answers so Al added a search function. At the main forum page
Search

Type in your topic like Demon or Demon Carbs and such and search in the engine and drivetrain, performance or general forums.

Heres a recent topic we discussed on Demon carbs a few days ago
Demon Carbs
Check it out it might answer your question. and welcome to one of the two best boards on the net (other being Team Chevelle)

Rob

#5 ·
Buckeye,

I read all the posts about the demon carb. It seems like most people like it, but it takes a little bit of tuning to get it right. I'm going to look at the holley hp series also. What was your take on the posts, and have you made up your mind on which carb you're going to buy?

Thanks for the info

------------------
69 ss-350

#6 ·
The HP Series was Holley's attempt to keep Demon from running away with the high end carb market. Both carbs should have very similar tuning requirements and should perform the same once tuned.

However, the Demon carb has billet metering blocks and throttle body, and the concentri-cast carb body. They also look pretty nice. Depending on which Demon you are looking at, pricing should be similar. With that in mind, I would go for the Demon.

------------------
Hugger Orange & white 69 Camaro with supercharged 350, Tremec TKO, and 3.73 12-bolt

See my website updated 4/5/00 at:

www.geocities.com/gheatly

#7 ·
Once again Gene..thanks...I was leaning heavily toward the speed demon 750 mec sec. It looks like a real nice piece. From everything I've read, this carb seems to perform a tad better than the holley. Does jeg's or anyone else sell this carb below Summitt's price of $439.00?

------------------
Jay 69 SS-350

#9 ·
get a classic holley 750 dp or vacuum secondaries. I just cant see myself buying something so smooth for an engine with rough edges everywhere. To me it'll stand out like a bad bump on my engine. Why don't you ask Ignitionman because he used to work at Holley for quite a bit so he is more knowledgeable about carberators.

Rob

Oh yeah onemore thing, are you considering a quadrajet?? I love mines and hate to see it go when we change back the holley on it. Just another option

[This message has been edited by Buddy (edited 06-06-2000).]

#8 ·
Jay - I have never used the Demon series but do use BG prepped Holley carbs. What I wanted to say is to consider that every high end motor builder I have found in National Dragster or on the internet uses Holley products on their $10k-$15K motors. And forget the "sponsorship" BS line, for these guys it is about whose motors win the race that determines their orders for the following year. Just my opinion, good luck.

------------------
web page at http://hometown.aol.com/winterjl/index.html
and more pictures at http://photos.yahoo.com/supertrick1

#10 ·
i have installed 3 demon carbs on the same 383 small block motor...2 650's and 1 750...all mechanical vac. all leaked gas and ran rich at idle..after 6 mos. of working with their tech dept. they have come to the conclusion that there was an additive in the gas that was deterioteing and shrinking the gaskets causing the leaks. The rich idle problem was due to the idle circuit. i have recently installed all new gaskeets and idle restrictors...Things seem to be working fine now...hope this helps anyone interested in the demon....

#11 ·
in the past 6 mos. I have installed 3 demon carbs on the same 383 small block engine. 2 650's and 1 750 mechanical. all three leaked gas and ran rich in the idle circuit..the 2 650's were sent back and rebuilt and still they leaked. the 750 was recommended by my engine tuner and this leaked and ran rich also. after contacting demon's tech dept. they were convinced the epa additive in the gas in my area, Pa, was deteriorating and shrinking the gaskets causing the leaks. I have recently installed new gaskets and idle restrictors they sent me free of charge...everything seems to finally be ok although i am still running alittle rich on idle circuit and will be installing smaller restrictors...am presently less than 1 turn out on my idle screws...i have had an edelbrock and a rochester, but...the demon is much stronger on my stroker and it looks great...hope this helps anyone interested in the demon carb..any feedback is much appreciated

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.