What kind of speakers come in the 1997 Camaro Z28??? - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old May 1st, 01, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

I bought a used 1997 Camaro Z28 and the guy who had it before appears to have taken out all the speakers and placed different ones in. It is missing the back seat speakers on both side, it looks like the driver side rear is suppose to be a sub is now a 3in., and I don't know what is in the front. Does anyone know what is suppose to be in there?

------------------
1997 Camaro Z28; This is my first camaro and I am converting from Ford. Any tips will be very helpfull!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 01, 01:36 AM
Senior Tech
Daniel

What radio is in the dash? There were two levels of systems. The base system with a cassette in the dash and just four speakers in the car or the Monsoon system with cassette or disk in the dash. The Monsoon has six speakers in the car. The two in the rear are subs.
Daniel

------------------
67 RS/SS 350 2004R (owned since 81)
97 V6 5-speed Coupe (work car ordered new)
http://homestead.juno.com/dakcoffman/
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 01, 04:54 AM

You asked my type of question, I work for Kicker Car Audio....

The Monsoon came out in the late 96's to early '97. Yours has 6 3/4's upfront in the door, and 4" in the rear side panels and 6 3/4's in the rear seat side panel.
We make a speaker to replace the 6" sub in the rear that alot of guys are going to. It's called the Freeair F65C4. Should work nicely.

------------------
383 Speed-O-Motive stroker kit with Holley 750DP, RPM intake,Proform HEI dist.MSD6a box,World Products Sportsman II heads, ported and polished with 2.02/1.60 valves,64cc,TRW forged pistons with 10.7:1 compression, Comp Xtreme 284 cam,Crane pushrods, Comp Cam 1.6 full roller rockers,ATI damper, 40 series Flowmasters, 4.11 gears with TH350 and Hughes 3000 stall.Powertrax NoSlip Locker

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 01, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

Angry

I bought my 1997 Camaro Z28 about 3 days ago and the dealer that I got it at has been less then helpful. In the front doors I have 6in. speakers and in the rear I have what looks like 4in speakers(with Delco)on them. The kicker is that there are no speakers in the spots for the middle(backseat speakers), they are gone.
The dealership after some argueing has agreed to replace those speakers.
*Also on the driver side rear where the sub is suppose to be there is some sort of connecting harness that is not connected to anything. After some work I find that it may go to either a optional cd disc changer or to a Low Frequency Amplifer! That is gone! I am pissed that worried that they will not replace it without a extra cost to me. Any tips???

------------------
1997 Camaro Z28; This is my first camaro and I am converting from Ford. Any tips will be very helpfull!!!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 01, 04:30 AM

Bet it was the Monsoon amp for the subs. Whom ever had the car before you, ripped it out. Most people are updating anyways. Now may be the time to upgrade your rear 6" subs anyways, and ask them for "X" many gas fill-ups for the loss of your rear speakers.

------------------
383 Speed-O-Motive stroker kit with Holley 750DP, RPM intake,Proform HEI dist.MSD6a box,World Products Sportsman II heads, ported and polished with 2.02/1.60 valves,64cc,TRW forged pistons with 10.7:1 compression, Comp Xtreme 284 cam,Crane pushrods, Comp Cam 1.6 full roller rockers,ATI damper, 40 series Flowmasters, 4.11 gears with TH350 and Hughes 3000 stall.Powertrax NoSlip Locker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode