correct decals - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 01, 05:41 AM Thread Starter

Question

Maybe someone out there can help me out, I get conflicting information on the location of the square blue GM decal. Someone told me that it was only applied to the driver's side door, another told me it was applied to both doors. Which one is correct? The tire pressure decal, I understand that it was applied to the drivers side door location, but where was it actually applied? Was it applied to the door jamb or the end of the door? I have seen these caution fan blade decals for the fan shrouds, was this decal correct for 1969. Is there some type of reference out there where I can get all this information?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 01, 05:51 AM

Not all cars got the Caution Fan decal on them the late cars only,no GM decal on 69 cars. You can get a Assembly Manule that will tell you were all decals go.

TIM
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...a=12182103&f=0

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 01, 06:10 AM
Senior Tech
Gene

I can help you out part of the way -

According to the 69 assembly manual, the tire pressure decal is applied to the end of the door. It should be applied above and to the left of the upper large Phillips head screw that holds the door latch in. It is kind of a tight fit into the upper part of the door.

The sticker that was applied to the door end that had the VIN typed on it is "nested" in the middle of the 3 Phillips head screws that hold the door latch.

The orange and black fan caution sticker is a Ford Mustang decal. Camaros did not have a caution fan sticker.

The best place to get this information is the factory assembly manual. It shows the proper location for both decals in the driver's side door jamb, the tire pressure decal in the glove box, and the jacking instructions and positrac warning in the trunk. I'm sure there are others, but these are the ones I have applied to my car recently. I don't remember seeing anything about the blue GM sticker - maybe it's the one with the VIN?

------------------
Pearl blue & white 69 Camaro with supercharged 350, Tremec TKO, and 3.73 12-bolt

See my website updated 4/16/01 at:

www.geocities.com/gheatly

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 01, 06:49 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

He's talking about this sticker:
http://www.coolmustangs.com/EBay/Camaro/Camaro10.JPG
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 01, 07:18 AM
Senior Tech
frank

The reflective blue GM decals were never factory installed on 68 or 69 Camaros. However they were installed intermittantly on 67's. In August of 69 GM began installing a Vin number decal on the drivers side door. This moved the tire pressure sticker upwards of the two outward creases of the door jamb, by the top Phillips head screw.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 01, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

I guess I should order the 1969 assembly manual. I spoke with someone from Ground Up Restorations, (Team Camaro's Official Sponsor) and they said that in 1969 the GM blue decal was applied to the driver's door.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 01, 09:56 AM
Senior Tech
Gene

If the GM sticker was installed, you would think it would be shown in the factory assembly manual. After you put the tire pressure and VIN sticker on, there really isn't much room left except at the bottom of the door.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 01, 10:01 AM

GM sticker was never put on the 69

TIM

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 01, 01:34 PM
Senior Tech
frank

TIM is right.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 01, 06:00 PM

I have seen the blue stickers in question on a late 69, early 70 69 body Camaro, remember the strike? Also, the first second gen Camaros were refered to as 70 1|2. The 64 1\2 Mustang is not the same as a 65. Among other things, the early Mustang had a 260 v-8, 65 had 289.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 01, 06:27 PM
Tech Team
Steve

The "GM sticker" is not really a sticker at all.It is a aluminum tag attached with a piece of two sided tape.I have several NOS pieces and several used ones.I have seen 67& 68 cars (untouched) with these tourquise tags in the door jams.Of these cars some were Camaros.The badge was poorly stuck to the car,so it is entirely possible for them to fall off some time in their life.Were they at both plants?I've heard ,from a line worker at a tour of the Norwood plant before closing,that he had piles of them in his tool box and was handing them out to people on the tour.Did all cars get them?Maybe not,but they were there in Norwood circa late 1960's.I believe 69 badges are blue.I've never seen one though.Ever notice the difference in the 68&69 std.seat belt GM logo?One is tourquise (68) and one is blue (69).Never say never..............

Sorry, I've seen them on both doors.

Steve

[This message has been edited by 68L30 (edited 05-03-2001).]
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old May 5th, 01, 09:24 AM
Senior Tech
William

Chevrolet never refered to the 1970 Camaro as "70-1/2".

All factory manuals and documentation refer to the model year as 1970.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old May 5th, 01, 07:56 PM
Senior Tech
Steve

Garage
My '69 has a "blue" one on the drivers side and a "turqoise" one on the passenger side.

This a rare option? LOL!

------------------
Steve McCorry - Central Ohio Camaro Club
'69 Camaro RS/SS-350 - Daytona Yellow
'95 Camaro Z-28 - Sebring Silver
click here to see my webpage ---> www.mindspring.com/~mccorry (updated 3/10/01)
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old May 6th, 01, 06:43 PM
Senior Tech
frank

William: Any idea why so many people refer to the 70 Camaros as 701/2? Just wondering.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old May 7th, 01, 05:58 AM

70 cars came out mid year.69 had a long run that year. And they never put the sticker on 69 cars it was put on 67 car they got a lot nicer stuff than the 68 and 69 cars because of being GM's new kid on the block.Note that the 67 cars the bolets screws that hold the door lach in place on 67 cars are not panted but on 68-69 car they are. In 67 make them look nice see if we can sell them 68-69 get them out the door we can sell all we can make.

[This message has been edited by Tim Meredith (edited 05-07-2001).]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode