68 camaro... buy or not? - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 27th, 00, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Ive been looking at this 68 camaro for a while. It is a palin car with a rear wing added. The subframe has drums, no power steering, monoleafs in the back and the body is pretty straight. no real rust on the car except around the rear window. easy to fix. the rear taillight panel is kicked in also but he has a few parts cars and said i could cut one out of those. He wanted $2000 but his is in need of some money and told me he would take 1800. I told him 1500 max and he is now going to throw in a 12 bolt rear for 1700 out the door. I'm going to try for 1600. good deal or not?

p.s. car title is salvaged because it was put in a junk yard years ago. he bought it from them about 10 years ago and it has been siting since.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 27th, 00, 01:40 PM
Tech Team

Cool

I say go for it and get as many parts from him as you can a 67 68 or 69 camaro is like money in the bank !
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 27th, 00, 01:56 PM
Tech Team

Anything to do with first generation camaros = BIG MONEY. As time goes on original parts new or used will be harder to get.Ive seen total wrecks bring thousands. So if you can buy a complete camaro even if you spent $2000 your getting a great deal.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 27th, 00, 02:52 PM
Senior Tech
Scott

Wink

I would buy that Camaro! I have seen total basket cases sell for two to three times more than that.

If you can give the time, labor and parts the car needs to be completed it would be money well spent IMO.

------------------
'68 RS, 350ZZ4
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 27th, 00, 03:49 PM
Tech Team

Talking

67 68 69 camaros , their are more parts available for these three years of camaros than ever !! you can get more parts for them now than when they were new and the parts are reasonable because 50 + companys will make the same part , a 67 rear aftermarket 1/4 panel is about $75 buck's door skin's $109 front fenders $189 this is just an example , you can almost make a early camaro completly rust free front to back for around $1000 buck's , that is not to bad the way thing's are today .
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 27th, 00, 04:25 PM Thread Starter

Well i closed the deal... ended up being 1700 and i got 2 sets of original fenders, didn't have a back seat. 12 bolt rear, rolling and ready to go in my garage. And i can have whatever parts i want off his parts car. whick is just a bare shell but I can use the left quarter and back panel off it. seems like a good buy. I have a t-56 in the garage waiting for it and no idea what engine I'm going to go with. Can't wait to dig in on the project.

later,
jeffro
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 27th, 00, 04:57 PM
Tech Team

Cool

that sounds great you made a wise move get it fixed up and you wont regret it , any money you spend on it is well spent .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode