Emblem advice needed - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Jul 8th, 01, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

I'm working on my 67 Camaro and was hoping to get some advice on replacing the emblems. I've only managed to find 2 of the originals - one "camaro" on a fender and the "camaro" on the trunk lid. The car was originally a 6-cylinder, so I'm not sure what emblems it originally had (did it have the grill bowtie?). Now I've got a 350 in it (or will have once it's rebuilt).

I was thinking about doing something like Classic Industries' 67 standard emblem kit which is: bowtie grill emblem, "Camaro" fender emblems, V-flag fender emblems, "camaro" and "chevrolet" header panel and trunk emblems, and "327" fender emblem (which I want to replace with "350").

What do you guys think? Obviously, I'm not making a show car, so I'm not too concerned about correctness. Of course, my choice is pretty unimaginative. Any other ideas?

Thanks.

--Brad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Jul 9th, 01, 07:02 AM
Senior Tech
Eric

My 6 cylinder 68 had the bowtie in the grill and the "fear invoking" 250 badges on the fender. I used the 327 badges on the fender when I dropped my 383, hoping to fool a couple Mustangs.

Hasn't worked - maybe the Flowmaster exhaust and 255-50 BFG Drag radials are a tip off. lol I'd be interested in a 383 fender badge if anyone in the aftermarket makes them.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Jul 9th, 01, 07:13 AM
Senior Tech

Talking

Classic Industries new catalog has 383 emblems now available. They mimic the front fender 350 emblems used in 69. They would look pretty trick.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Jul 9th, 01, 03:30 PM
Senior Tech

I've got to check out the 383 emblems! I bought a complete SS 350 ornament set from one the of part shops and was installing some of them last week and the quality seemed excellent.

But as I have a 383 in the car....may sub for the 350 emblems.

Also...some of the outfits...Rick's I know...sells template kits to tell you where exactly to drill the holes if you are installing new fenders or new emblems. I haven't got them yet but we will see how good they are. Interpreting the assembly manual can be a little taxing as far as emblem placement.

Mark M.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode