69 Stripes - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 14th, 00, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

What is involved in putting Z stipes on a Z or SS for for that matter? Aprox cost? Is it a do it yourself project?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 15th, 00, 12:31 AM
Senior Tech
Bruce

the easiest way is to get a stencil kit. i got mine from my wife, for a present, and everything you need to know is in the kit. it cost around 50.00 for the "z" stripes.
do a little sanding, take measurements, apply the stencil and paint. it's pretty easy if you have painting experience.
later,
bruce
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 15th, 00, 07:24 AM
Senior Tech

Don't take the spoiler off, if you want it to look like it came from the factory. When a dealer added the spoiler and the car came with stripes already, you could see the stripes extending all way down the trunk lid. Just an FYI in case you didn't know. That's how you would know the spoiler was added by the dealer.

------------------
Jay 69 SS-350

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 15th, 00, 12:25 PM
Tech Team

Actually, the stripes on a Z/28 stop under the rear spoiler,not flush with the front of it, if factory spoiler equipped.Other non Z/28 cars with the "Z" stripes,had the stripes all the way down the deck lid.The easiest way to tell if a car came with a rear spoiler factory is to look at the emblem holes.If there are 4 emblem holes under the spoiler(which are visible under the deck lid,with the spoiler on)It wasnt a factory spoiler equipped deck lid.As the emblem would be higher on the lid.I never used the stencil kit,but talked to guys that did.They said it worked slick.I measured the original stripes and copied the dimensions on paper.Laying them out took hours,and literally gave me a headache.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 15th, 00, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

Actually what I may have to do is extend the front strips all the way to the grill. The current stipes currently stop about 4 inches before reaching the front grille. Any thoughts on extension of existing stripes?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 00, 04:57 AM
Senior Tech

the stripes should go all the way to the end of the top of the car in the front, but not go underneath the front area to met the grill. check out this site for some good pics of extior, interior and motors, also has some cool ads. http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/3652/camaro.html

------------------
To see a pic of my car, click here... pages.prodigy.net/mtbmtb/rf396ss.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode