Team Camaro Tech banner

Can anybody identify this crossram I have?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  davidpozzi 
#1 ·
I just got a crossram which looked like it was a GM piece that had been polished. I knew that it didn't have the casting # and snowflake on either the top or the base. It looks almost exactly like the GM manifold, but no # or snowflake and the top has 2 tabs sticking up in front of the driver's side carb with a hole through each one. The base has a date of 6/14/85 cast into it and the #5893. Did GM ever re-release the crossram manifold without the original # and snowflake or did someone else offer a reproduction of the GM manifold? I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it or just sell it, but it would be perfect for someone doing the vintage racing that is on a budget and can't afford a real #'s matching manifold.

------------------
Jeff H - 93 Indy 500 Pace Car, Hugger Orange 69 Z28 with JL8 brakes

#2 ·
Edelbrock and Offenhauser both made a cross ram intake, although I don't think the piece is in current production.

#4 ·
Do you have any pictures of the Offenhauser base and dual 4 top? The #'s seem to correspond, but I've seen several Offenhauser "crossrams" and none of them look like this or have the water outlet facing forward like the GM unit. And I was gauranteed it was a GM manifold! It was still a great buy and this piece can pass for the GM piece.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.