what is the correct stripe on a 1968 Rally Sport - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old May 17th, 01, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

Question

Can anybody tell me what was the correct stripe that was put on a 1968 camaro rally sport, also what where the original style tires. Where they red lines or not? Thanks for any help. Andy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old May 17th, 01, 06:14 PM
Jeff

Must have been reading my mind i was thinking of the same things. Only different itme ill be putting on my 68RS is the cowl hood and i really dont want to go with the Z stripes.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old May 18th, 01, 04:10 AM
Senior Tech

Mine has a black bumble bee stripe and the rockers and bottom of the doors are black under the rally sport moulding.

------------------
68 RS, Ash Gold,pwr windows,Hounds tooth,355/T350,Autometer guage pod

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old May 18th, 01, 07:17 AM
Senior Tech
John

Talking

I like the post too. The black under the rocker moulding was on most RS cars that were light colors right? Since my knowledge of more correct Camaros has grown I also don't want the Z28 stripes. I was thinking of the 68 stripe that goes over the front valance and hack down the doors. I don't know what the original tires would've been. Good luck ~ John

LOL - When I signed up I thought this was such a unique screeb name! haha...now I've noticed Joe68rs and Andy68rs. Pretty funny

------------------
1968 RS, 355/4spd/12 blt w/3.55's.www.camarogenerations.com
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old May 18th, 01, 08:05 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Bruno

John, if you want your car to be as original as possible, regarding the stripes you mentioned, then you might want to order the ones that are painted in the valance and front part of fenders and glued in the rear portion of fenders and doors. Took a little patience with the stripes and stencils but the end result is nice, just use a piece of the glued stripe ( normally you may need to cut a piece of each side) and a paint shop can make the matching paint. To Andy, bumble bee or the one mentioned above will look perfect on your RS.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old May 18th, 01, 08:26 AM

Tries red line, white line or black walls take your pick you could get them all. The stape down the side is SS only. The bubble bee was on some RS cars.

TIM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode