Value of a 1969 Z28 Tachometer - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 7th, 00, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

Question

Can anyone tell me the value of an original dated 1969 camaro Z28 tachometer? Also the value of original Z28 console gauges? Thanks for any feedback.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 8th, 00, 01:33 AM
Senior Tech

Obviously,

It depends on whether you are the buyer or the seller but I have seen the tach go for something like $350.00 on EBAY.

A VERY nice set of console gauges went for I beleive around 475.00.

IMO EBAY prices GENERALLY are a little higher than what you could go out and get one for, Auctions have the tendancy to create a buyer's FRENZY resulting in higher prices.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 8th, 00, 04:18 AM
Senior Tech
Gene

Z-28s didn't get special console gauges, so there is really no such thing as "Z-28 console gauges". You can say they came out of a Z, but it won't add any value.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 8th, 00, 04:45 AM
Senior Tech

Michael,

GHEATLY is correct as usual. The four pod console gauges were option code U17 and they could be ordered on 68 and 69 camaros whether they were Z-28's or not.

Alot of people refer to them as sawtooth gauges. They were hard to read at night because the illumination was poor. I know I have a set!!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 8th, 00, 06:03 AM Thread Starter

thanks for the information. I understand about the gauges. The tach and gauges were pulled out of a true "Z" car. I have heard that their are different color gauges. The ones that I have are silver. what is the difference?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 8th, 00, 06:35 AM
Senior Tech

Are you talking about the console guages being silver? The ones that came in all Camaro's have silver faces. Nova's had the same console guages that are the same except the guage faces are black. The silver face guages are worth more because they came from Camaro's only. No difference between Camaro's however. 68 and 69 Camaro console guages are all the same. The only difference between the 69 tach's are the redlines for the different engine options and the highest rpm reading changed a little throughout the model year. Prices mentioned above seem extreme. Z tach's can be had for about $250 and a nice set of console guages can be had for $300. Thats if your looking for them. If your selling them then put them on ebay as you will get more than they are worth there, more like the prices mentioned above. People get caught up in the auction thing and prices skyrocket for no apparent reason. I see many things that are still available from GM and in catalogs go for much more on ebay than they are from the catalogs or from your local GM dealer. Its really funny sometimes. If your selling and want all the money then put them on ebay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode