Vacuum Headlight workings......Need Help - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 00, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

Question

68 RS Camaro.
Here's what I know. My 68 has the vacuum cylinders below each headlight assembly. It has the vacuum Cylinder and switch at the drivers side inner fender. (behind the headlight) and I was told to check and it does have the original Vacuum headlight switch in it. The headlights work but the vacuum lines are not connected except to the switch. My question is how do the vacuum lines hook up to the main cylinder cannister & switch (that would be the open or normal setting switch) and then the vacuum cannisters below the headlight assemblies. I see where they hook up, but in what order or which route or should I say sequence does it need to be? And if know one knows, where could I get a book explaining this.

What it boils down to is this... I need to know which line goes in which inlet and outlet because they are not marked on any of the vacuum cylinders... Thanks in advance for your help....

Seth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 00, 05:50 AM
Senior Tech
Carl

There are three connections on the side of the switch. The upper connection goes to the rear of the vacuum actuators. The center connection goes to the vacuum tank. The lower connection goes to the rear of the vacuum actuators. The lines to the actuators "T" off in front of the radiator. The connection on top of the switch goes to the headlight switch. If you have a used switch you may wish to check and see if the bottom of the switch is clean since atmosphere is pulled through there during actuation.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 00, 06:01 AM
Senior Tech

Thumbs up

The large vacuum canister connects to the middle "Y" connection on the switch. A small hose connects to the top of the switch from the dash switch. As far as the actuators go my green hoses are connected to the front and the red to the back and the actuator switch is labeled with "R" and "G" for proper connection. The hoses route in front of the radiator core support with 2 "T" fittings( green-left, red-right if standing in the front ). I ordered a hose kit and got a diagrahm that was backwards and replumbed it by trial and error.

------------------
68 RS, Ash Gold,pwr windows,Hounds tooth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode