Subframe differances - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Jul 30th, 01, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Is there any differance between the 67-69 subframes? I think I have the wrong motor frame mounts, ehich is causing my motor to sit incorrectly, but my car has had a new subframe put on it too. Could I have the wrong subframe? If there is any differance does anyone know how to tell them apart?

Thanks
Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Jul 30th, 01, 04:58 PM
Senior Tech
Mark

Yes there are slight differences around the spring pockets between the 67/68 style and the 69 style. There is an extra stiffener on the front side of the spring pocket on the 69 that the 67/68 sub frames don't have. Its used with the lower control arm rubber bump stop, which moved to the front of the control arm for the 69 model year. In 68 the rubber bump stop was on the back edge of the arm.

The front sway bar mounting bracket holes are also in a different place on the 67/68 subframe than on the 69 sub frame. The 2 holes are about 1" and 2" away from the spring pocket on the 69 and probably 6 to 7" away on the 67/68 style.

You won't run into many problems if you get a replacement subframe with all the parts attached to it (A-arms, sway bars, etc) but if you try to stick a bare 69 subframe under a 68 and use all the 68 parts (or visa-versa) you will run into interference problems with the swaybars.

Also very early 67's don't have the big 3" hole in the front inner horns that support the bumpers, like later 67's and all 68 and 69's do.

------------------
Mark Canning
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode