Carb help - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Dec 11th, 00, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

Angry

I just recently put a new carb on my 86 z28 camaro 4 months ago. I put my car in the shop cause i couldnt get it to start. The shop guy says i need a new carb. My question is, is it posibale to ruin a carb so quick.
And what could cause it to die so quick.
I think the guy is riping me off. He said he thinks water got in mabey from my gas tank.He is also the guy who put my carb in origanly. Im going crazy cause this is my only car and xant afford to be riped offf. I would appreciate any kind of help.....thanx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Dec 11th, 00, 11:20 AM
Senior Tech

If the carb was new 4 months ago it should have some type of manufac. warranty on it. If you had gotten enough water to run through the carb to ruin it... it would have run like crab (if at all). If you just got enough water in the tank to keep it from starting one time ( which unless something is bad wrong will the fuel cap and you have had a water hose in the fill neck) you can poor a bottle of rubbing alcohol in your tank and it will evaporate any water in your tank. I don't trust to many macanics so just be very choosey on who you get to work on you car.

Shane
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Dec 11th, 00, 06:54 PM
Senior Tech

Sounds fishy to me. What kind of carb is it? Is it just a stock replacement? Water cannot, to my knowledge ruin a carb. It will cause problems that can result in a need for a carb rebuild, but the carb should not need to be replaced. Will the car start with starter fluid? If it won't start with starter fluid, it's not the carb then. Good luck.

------------------
Justin
-1967 Camaro SS350

www-student.furman.edu/users/j/jtrauner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode