Cruise at Lake of the Ozarks - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old Aug 15th, 00, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Mark

Question

I saw a post about a cruise at Lake of the Ozarks? Can someone "enlighten" me? I'm in the mid-Mo area and would like to dust off the ol' 68. Any info you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for a great site.

Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old Aug 15th, 00, 10:47 AM

I just joined the Gateway Camaro Club and their list shows a cruis to Osage beach Aug 19-20th and a phone# (573)392-1859

I just moved to St. Louis and I graduated from Camdenton. Where are you from?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mbrekke:
I saw a post about a cruise at Lake of the Ozarks? Can someone "enlighten" me? I'm in the mid-Mo area and would like to dust off the ol' 68. Any info you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for a great site.

Mark
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old Aug 15th, 00, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Mark

Thumbs up

Lately I'm from north of Columbia, Mo. I haven't had my 68 out in quite some time. I think I might just check out the lake. Sounds like a lot of fun. Thanks for the info.

Mark

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old Aug 15th, 00, 11:47 AM
Senior Tech

The Yenko super car show will be in Springfield this weekend at the Holiday Inn, and so will I.

------------------
68 RS, Ash Gold,pwr windows,Hounds tooth
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old Aug 15th, 00, 01:37 PM
Senior Tech

Thumbs up

I'm going the lake show this weekend, but I won't be in my camaro I will be in a yellow 29 ford roadster, if you get streetscene it is on the cover and in the mag a few times, newest issue. It is a good show that draws alot of cars and it's a good time.

What is the web site for the gateway camaro club?

------------------
68 468 700R4, and here it is;
mutert23

[This message has been edited by MarkM (edited 08-16-2000).]
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old Aug 15th, 00, 03:23 PM
Tech Team

Talking

Mark M, Who's 29 are you going in? Hell since my 67 is down I'll gladly cancel my float trip and take your car to the lake for you. Just kidding! I sure wish I was going to the lake show I'm sure it will be a good time. Hopefully in a week or two I'll be back on the road. The Gateway Camaro Club is located at http://kinginformation.net/gatewaycamaro/ I have talked to the club prez and it sounds like a pretty good club-alot of 3rd and 4th gen guys though. Have fun at the lake.
Mike McK
[email protected]
67 SS/RS 396 Camaro
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old Aug 15th, 00, 04:54 PM
Senior Tech
Jerry

The car show is at Osage high school on hwy 42 about 1mile east of 54 hwy. its a 2-day show with a cruise to the dam on sat night they usually have about 300 plus cars, the dam car club puts on a really good show. if I get my car running look for me in a 68 ss conv butternut yellow
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old Aug 16th, 00, 02:56 AM
Senior Tech

It's my dad's 29 roadster that my younger brother and I just finished completely resoring, he did most of the work including the body and paint. It's a pretty cool car that my dad had when he was 16, sold it and bought it back after sitting in a barn for about 25 years, untouched. It's got alot of history to it and it is supposed to be on the cover of Hot Rod in a 1955 issue, but we haven't found the mag yet to confirm it. I was thinking about taking my camaro also but doubt it.

------------------
68 468 700R4, and here it is;
mutert23
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old Aug 16th, 00, 06:07 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Mark

Thanks for all the info guys. I'll be there, providing I can blow out all the cobwebs... Wonder why I never heard of this show before? Been living under a rock I guess.

Mark
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old Aug 16th, 00, 02:36 PM
Senior Tech
67 Camaros Rock

Question

I am new to the south I live in Camden Arkansas (Southern Arkansas). How far away is the lake cruise? Is it in Arkansas? Bear with me guys I just transplanted here from San Diego Ca 6 Months ago.

BTW:
Anyone here live near me? I have come to find that "near" can mean about 100 miles around here !!!

------------------
http://sites.netscape.net/1969ss/homepage
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old Aug 16th, 00, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Mark

The lake is in mid-Missouri. That's quite a way from southern Ark. Guess the name "Ozarks" may be a bit deceiving.

[This message has been edited by mbrekke (edited 08-16-2000).]
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old Aug 16th, 00, 04:52 PM
Senior Tech
Jerry

new update, they already have 234 pre-entry's last year they had about 211 pre-entry's with 521 total cars at the show. they expect to have over 500 again this year! hope to see you guys at the show!
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 00, 04:55 PM
Senior Tech
David

Thumbs up

It's a great show, and the cruise to the strip a lot of fun, I was at the lake today and there were already a ton of cars cruising around. look for me there. marina blue 67 rs with black stripes

------------------
67 RS
355, SUPER T10 4 SPD
9" FORD
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 00, 12:26 PM

Thumbs up

WOW!! I didn't realize there were so many Missourians on this thing. I'm from just south of Kansas City in Raymore, work in Blue Springs. Does the show last 'til Sunday? Would like to take the kids if it does. How long on Sunday? My car isn't done yet so I'll be in a '97 Monte Carlo. (sorry guys!) Hope to see you there! We need to get together!

------------------
To see my car
www.angelfire.com/mo2/firedog122
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old Aug 21st, 00, 05:23 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Mark

Thumbs up

Hey Guys. The show at the lake was great! Even my wife had a good time! Hahaha. They had over 400 cars on Sat. Loads of nice chevys... and one pretty nifty Cobra. I believe I saw your car 67 Freak, but didn't read your post till today. MarkM, didn't see a yellow 29. Saw a yellow 23, or at least that's what it said on it. Hey molaker, did you get the convert. to the show? Looked for you on Sat. Anyway, it was a good time. Even the weather was great. Any of you guys ever run at the Wentzville track?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode