Valve Covers? - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 31st, 01, 04:20 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Edmond, OK. usa
Posts: 76

Hi Guys, been a while. First things first. College football begins in less than a month. CANT WAIT! Does anyone know where I can get a set of chrome valve covers for a 67 with a 327/275? The set I have currently does not have any holes in them. I guess these "holes" are for pcv valves? I did find a set at Classis but just the valve covers themselves as $140. OUCH! Any help would be appreciated.
Gambler is offline  
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 31st, 01, 04:33 AM
Tech Team
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Hattiesburg, MS, USA
Posts: 31

The 67 valve covers do not have any PCV holes. If your car has the correct block you have the right covers. Take a look at the left front pedistal and take a look at the code. It should read something like:
T0321MK The block should end with MK, ML, MM, MN for a 327/275 horse.

~ mark
markZ11 is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 31st, 01, 07:03 AM
DjD's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Fortuna, CA
Posts: 26,511

I agree with Mark. There should be a vent (draft tube at the back of the block that runs to the air cleaner. You may have a PCV screwed into the base of the carb or on the breather tube on the front of the intake manifold.

'69 RS Convertible w/SS trim
'96 Z28SS #1679 of 2410
"The Club"
DjD is offline  
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 31st, 01, 02:17 PM
Tech Team
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Ridley Park, PA, USA
Posts: 57

My 67 -350 has the chrome covers with no holes. I do have a PCV valve in a large vacuum hose which goes from the front of the Rochester Quadrajet to the vacuum port in front of the distributor. Good Luck
jimbarbh is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 31st, 01, 06:05 PM
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: NJ, usa
Posts: 26

i have a set of original 327 valve covers, actually my dad has them, we could probably sell them, but not for cheap.
chevybuilder67 is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 01, 09:39 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 296

If you need to hook up a pcv and want to keep your valve covers, why not drill a 1 3/16 hole in the proper place (where it does not hit the valve train) and use a baffled grommet? The baffled grommet is available from most any speed shop for about $5.

68 convertible
ccpeat is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 2nd, 01, 03:09 PM
Senior Tech
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 144

Don't '67 and earlier blocks have the large oil filler/vent tube at the FRONT of the block?

'69 Garnet Red Convertible, Ivory over black, 350 w/turbo 400
POP D TOP is offline  
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:


Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome