Engine RPM's - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 00, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
67 Camaros Rock

Cool

For those of you taken off track from the thread that was closed, I wanted to add this. A few years ago (about 5 years) I saw a valve train that does increase RPM I am not saying it is gospel, I just saw it and was impressed. I don't know what it is called, I first saw it used on a circle track car at the El cajon speedway in El Cajon Ca. They used a system that used a very light wight spring and a push rod with a spring on it that went up to the head under the rocker arm. The way it works is the spring on the push rod keeps the cam and lifters in place and also allow the valve to close with a light wight spring the valve spring tenshion is very light to allow the valve to open fast. This is just the basics of this system and some of what I said may be wrong, but the intent was to bring it up. Some one figured there was more than one way to skin a cat and they made a set up for it. Theplace that was making them is some place near Riverside California and I can't remember the name of the system. It also showed up in a magazine but I can't remeber which one.

I also want to let everyone know I am not bringing this up to start something all over again. That last thread broke a spring bent a valve and blew the engine. Please allow those of us that want to discuss this to do so, that's what we are here for.

------------------
http://sites.netscape.net/1969ss/homepage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 00, 04:55 AM
Senior Tech
Gene

Joe,

You are describing what most people call a rev kit. AFR makes one for stock hydraulic roller cam applications. They call theirs the "Hydra-Rev" kit. You can see a picture of it on their website.

Supposedly, it allows an additional 500 RPM on the top end and the power isn't supposed to drop off as quickly either. I have heard from at least one engine builder around here that these kits don't provide much benefit other than the decrease in E.T. you get because you have a lighter wallet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode