69 Z10 Pace coupe - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 01, 04:56 PM
Jeremiah

I sold my 34,000 original mile 69 Z/28 and bought a Z10. Does anyone know of a registry or a site dedicated to the Z10. The addition of this car will make a total of five Z10s in the Classic Camaro club of Oklahoma. People have joked about renaming the club the Z10 club.I have been told there were only 186 of these indy accented coupes built.That would make them the second rarest 69 Camaro built. They were regional sales promotion vehicles not to be sold to the public as new.
I look foward to reading your replies and learning more about these rare cars. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 01, 05:11 PM
Senior Tech
Joel

https://www.camaros.net/cgi-bin/cyber/classifieds .cgi?search_and_display_db_button=on&db_id=7376&ex act_match=on&photo_size=full

Check this out.Click on the link and then the link on the add and you will see a bunch of pictures of the one for sale.

[This message has been edited by allcamaro (edited 04-08-2001).]
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 01, 05:18 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
Do a search here in "General Tech" Use "Z-10" You will find several threads to read... I think the number I have been hearing is 135 but not sure

------------------
...Dennis
'69 RS Convertible w/SS trim
'96 Z28SS #1679 of 2410
"The Club"

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 9th, 01, 07:33 AM
Senior Tech
Kurt S

I'd be interested in the #'s off of your Z10. You can post them or email me at [email protected].
We have 60+ Z10's in the CRG database so far.
ICC still has a Z10 registry too.

Thanks!!

------------------
Kurt S.
CRG www.camaros.org
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 9th, 01, 08:38 AM
Senior Tech
John

Talking

Man that's a neat car. I like the orange houndstooth... Congrats on the Z10..it would be cool if the one you bought is already in the registry. I also like the way the write up says that the decals and orange interior aren't stock.

------------------
1968 RS, 355/4spd/12 blt w/3.55's.www.camarogenerations.com

[This message has been edited by John68rs (edited 04-09-2001).]
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 9th, 01, 12:28 PM
Senior Tech
William

No Z10 is known to have an orange interior. Orange was RPO only with Hugger Orange or Dover White exterior colors.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 9th, 01, 04:25 PM
Senior Tech
William

Well THAT didn't make any sense...

What I meant to state was the orange interior was RPO only with Hugger Orange or Tuxedo Black exterior colors. Z10s seen thus far have white or black interiors, standard and custom.

I've never seen a production figure for Z10s. Where did the 135/186 figures come from?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 9th, 01, 04:39 PM
Senior Tech
Mark

The link referenced above says the ICC has 103 Z10s registered in their DB, what are the chances of having 103 cars registered out of 135, or even 186 total cars after 32 years. That would be like having 2500 of the Z11 Pace cars registered out of the 3675 produced. Highly unlikely. Even assuming a randomly selected 40% mortality rate in 69 Camaros over the last 32 years, that would mean the ICC knows where just about every Z10 remaining is located if you use the 186 number. They have about 20 extra if you use the 135 number. Production needs to be significantly higher than these numbers, or even the generic 200 car production numbers usually referenced. Production was probably somewhere around 500.

Thats not to say it isn't a rare production option, it's just not the same as having a ZL1, or L89. After all it was just a paint scheme, and a ZL2 hood on an RS/SS. Yea, the same as the Z11 was on a convertible RS/SS with an orange interior.

------------------
Mark Canning
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 01, 11:00 AM
JWA
Gold Lifetime Member
Jeff

You gotta like the paint sceme though...
But I am probably biased My Camaro
OH NO! My Car is A CLONE
It originally was Tuxedo Black. Some Day it will be again.....

------------------
Jeff
69 SSRS 396(roller 427 )
My Chevs
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 01, 06:02 PM
Senior Tech
Kurt S

Ironically, there was a Z10 on ebay a little bit ago that was now painted black.

I agree with Mark. Production totals for Z10s were 500+.

------------------
Kurt S.
CRG www.camaros.org
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 01, 08:22 PM
Jeremiah

Great point Mark, My car has not been registered so there is another one. I bought it from a good freind who bought it from the original owner about a year ago. I am very pleased with the car. Everything works great and it is 100% #s matching. It is also highly documented with the original bill of sale and POP and severall other papers from the dealer. She kept everything. It is the nicest unrestored 69 Camaro I have ever seen. Thanks for your replies.... Jeremy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode