electric water pump - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 16th, 00, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
RAY

I'm thinking about using an electric water pump for my blown 350SB(B&M 144) ZZ4 engine in a '69Z. This is not my daily driver but a fun car used for cruise nights. Anyone have opinions on the CSI or Meziere units. How does one attach the alternator without the stock type of water pump? I'm not doing this for performance but just because I think they look great. I live in the midwest so need cooling for those hot humid summer nights. I'm also envious of those who live in a warm climate and can run their cars all year long. Chicago has 18" of snow on the ground. Thanx for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 16th, 00, 03:52 PM
Senior Tech

If you use an electric water pump I am pretty sure you will need to either buy a low mount bracket, maybe March makes one. If not you may need to run the alternator off the driveshaft, I have seen some of these on race cars and street rods. I personally would not run an electric water pump unless you can move the alternator to a lower position, it would look awkward otherwise. Good luck.

Steve R.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 16th, 00, 06:52 PM
David Pozzi

Stewart has just come out with a super electric pump. It's an inline type does not bolt to the block.
They had it at SEMA.
David

------------------
Check my web page for First Gen Camaro suspension info:
David's Motorsports page
First Gen Suspension Page
67 RS 327
69 Camaro Vintage Racer
65 Lola T-70 Can Am Vintage Racer

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 00, 11:51 AM
Team Member
John

You will also find that the electric pumps are inadequate for street use - they don't flow anywhere near the same gpm as stock water pumps. They're great on the return road and in the staging lanes, but I've never seen one that would support a full cooling system for street use.

------------------
JohnZ
'69 Z28 Fathom Green
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 00, 01:49 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jody

Mezziere has an electric pump that flows 52 gallons per MINUTE; not sure how that compares to a stock-type pump but it kept my Cobra replica with a supercharged 406 below 190 at all times. I live in Sacramento so it gets above 100 degrees.

They offer a bolt on like stock and a remote mount which is what I used. Their standard street model flows 35 gpm.

Jody
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode