windshield wiper help - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 00, 06:59 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Replaced the ws wiper motor yesterday with a new one even though AFTERWARDS I got the original to work off the car by cleaning it up a bit and found my three spares after the fact. Whatever, story of my life. Anyway this morning I got a little mist on my windshield and put on my wipers to have the wipers go down rather than up across the windshield. I put them on and they go down towards the cowl panel a inch or so rather than across the windshield. Its very basic wiring and I know I put it back together right. Any insight before I leave for the day and rip the cowl panel and ect off again today and flip out on it. Before I put the wiper arms on I did put the switch on and let it go through a cycle so I knew where off was for the arms. Please help, I am having a terrible day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 00, 08:52 AM
Senior Tech
Carl

Did you align the mark on the output shaft to the wiper crank? If you install it 180 deg out of phase the wipers will move down first instead of going up.

Do a burnout on the way home. It always helps me put things in the proper perspective.

------------------
Click here to see see my car and hear 5-speeds. http://www.geocities.com/casanoc
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 00, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Carl, Thanks for the tip, I'll be thrilled if its something that simple. I've been so frustrated this week that I think I'm burnt out on thinking. The burnout thing made me laugh, thanks. I have a pretty good drivetrain but when I do a burnout in frustration rahter than the right reasons something usually happens to make the frustration worse. I think if I did one today my back tires would dig into the ground causing vibrations into the earth which would trigger a earthquake that would only effect around my car therefore sucking me and my car deep into the darkness of the center of the earth where I would be lucky enough to survive and live among the earth creatures. To top it off my car would be crushed into a box and I would be forced to use it as a bed to sleep on. This is a indication that I am due for a vacation. The only good thing is I won't be near a computer for the weekend and I'm outta here!!! Have a good weekend
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode