305 to 383 conversion mods - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old May 8th, 01, 08:56 AM Thread Starter

Lightbulb

I am definently planning on putting a blown tpi 383 stroker inplace of my 305 tpi and will spare no expense but i am on a limited budget. So what I want to know is if I could get a list of mods I could do to my car now that will work for my 383 when I put that in Ex.(Larger exhaust, new aluminum radiator, stronger drive train...)

I hope to have that engine(the 383) putting out 600-750+ hp.

Thank you for any opinions and parts,

What I mean about a limited budget is I do not have enough money to do everything at once, but i do want the best parts out there.

------------------
Xmind '01
'86 Iroc-Z Camaro
Stock 5L 305 TPI

[This message has been edited by xmind (edited 05-09-2001).]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old May 8th, 01, 09:14 AM
Tech Team

"spare no expense but i am on a limited budget" ...so which is it?

I definantly wouldn't plan on building a 750+ hp small block on a limited budget. Plan on buying a new transmission and rearend also.

600-750hp is a lot...why do you want so much? Is this a street car?

[This message has been edited by Dan-69rallysport (edited 05-08-2001).]
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old May 8th, 01, 10:50 AM

I agree. Is it limited budget or full meal deal?

And I don't think you'll need 750hp on a street car, if so, you won't even be near hooking up.
I have a carbed 430ish HP 383 and I still have problems, and spent close to $4000 or so on mine, and still spending.
I think you need to determine a few things like cash willing to part with,plans for the car,driving habits,etc,etc.

But for a start...a good aluminum radiator from Be Cool or Griffen will be a start, and a 2.5" dual or 3" single exhaust with a good free flowing muffler is a good place to start.

Good luck!

------------------
383 Speed-O-Motive stroker kit with Holley 750DP, RPM intake,Proform HEI dist.MSD6a box,World Products Sportsman II heads, ported and polished with 2.02/1.60 valves,64cc,TRW forged pistons with 10.7:1 compression, Comp Xtreme 284 cam,Crane pushrods, Comp Cam 1.6 full roller rockers,ATI damper, 40 series Flowmasters, 4.11 gears with TH350 and Hughes 3000 stall.Powertrax NoSlip Locker

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old May 8th, 01, 01:07 PM

I agree totally Tracy but I would run dual exhuast!! 3-3.25 i also have a 383 bout 425 horse keep it cool should be first priority. Also be ready to drop some scratch on some hog tires if u plan on your car actually moving or you will sit and spin!! i also dropped 4 grand on my engine! good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode