Team Camaro Tech banner

Front Window roller Part #'s?

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Joseph 
#1 ·
I'm going through my windows and having a hard time locating the rollers that attach to the windows and run in the two vertical channels. The front roller has a square back which allows the window to move on a horizontal track. The rear is just roller affixed by a rivit. All the window glass replacement shops were unable to help and the local Chevy dealer requires a part number which he said he can not access because his records only go back to 76 or there abouts. Anyone have the part numbers for these rollers in a 69 Camaro?

Thanks
Joseph

#2 ·
#3 ·
Thats a tough one Joseph, I've looked at around 8 catalogs and hadn't found a thing, just the quarter rollers. Haven't you thought about a used one, somebody has to have a spare sitting someplace.

#4 ·
Check on one of those "HELP" brand display racks in the auto parts store. I have seen a window roller there but dont know if it will fit your car.
David

------------------
Check my web page for First Gen Camaro suspension info:
David's Motorsports page
First Gen Suspension Page
67 RS 327
69 Camaro Vintage Racer
65 Lola T-70 Chev 350 Can-Am Vintage Racer

#6 ·
Thanks for the comments and suggestions everyone. The parts houses only have the rollers for the rear windows!? I'll try the local Pep Boys and alike for the Help brand stuff David. If no luck there I'll go down to the local Chevy dealership and have them look through the microfich for the roller part numbers. I can not believe that these rollers are that hard to find considering that they are the first thing that could go on the front windows.

Joseph
Joseph

#7 ·
Running out of options here! Went to the local auto parts stores and Chevy dealer with no success. The Chevy dealer shows the front window rollers as discontinued. I guess the wrecking yards will be my last resort. Anyone know if the 69 Camaro door glass mechanism is the same used in other models such as Novas?

Thanks
Joseph

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.