hedman hedders for a '67 - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 00, 06:47 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Question

Anybody out there ever run Hedman Hedders part #65003 headers with 1 3/4 primary tubes on their 1967 Camaro, small block with factory air-conditioning? Hedman says they will clear, but DO they without pinging and dinging them? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 00, 03:15 PM
BTC
Senior Tech

I have Headman hedders (don't know the #)on my 68 z/28. I had to dent the #3 tube 1/4" or so to clear the power steering unit. Can't help with the A/C.

------------------
68/Z28,35O LT1
RICHMOND 5 SP,
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 00, 04:08 PM
Gold Lifetime Member

Garage
I don't know the exact # either, but I did the same "ding" for the steering box. That hurt because they're ceramic coated. It looks O.K. I personally like hedmans. I've bolted them on several vehicles and never had a problem with fit or clearance. What really sold me was a old dodge powerwagon I had. The hedmans were on it for 14 years and I only had to change the gaskets 4 times. This pair on the camaro have been on for 3 years, and havn't changed gaskets yet.

------------------
Steve
67 SS 396,4-sp
67 RS 327,4-sp
72 RS 350/350
69 4X4 suburban 350,4-sp
73 3/4 ton 454/400
http://www.geocities.com/stevocamaro

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 00, 06:53 PM
Senior Tech
John

Talking

2 guys in my club run Hedmans...I think they are the same prt#. They don't hit anything, but these cars don't have AC either. You can see them under the member's rides section of our club page. They are Shane's and Anthony's. The link is in my sig. Good luck ~ John
I just looked, and unfortunatly you can't see teh headers really well in those pics. They are listed as 1 3/4 inch Hedmans though. Sorry about that. ~ John

------------------
1968 RS, 355/4spd/12 blt w/3.55's.www.camarogenerations.com

[This message has been edited by John68rs (edited 11-12-2000).]
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 13th, 00, 06:32 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

I'm not to concerned about the steering gear-box, (mine does have power steering though, again Hedman says they will clear that), what I am worried about is the A/C evaporator cover that is attached to the firewall on the passenger side. It looks to be very tight. I have a set of Hooker headers with 1 5/8" primaries that I ran on a '68 Camaro I had a couple years ago and they WILL NOT clear. My other car had the A/C evap. cover removed many years ago so those headers were most likely for a NON-A/C car. I guess it will come down to "ya spends your money and takes your chances" saying I have heard for many years.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 13th, 00, 03:56 PM
Senior Tech

I tried the hedmans on my 68..did not clear much of anything....switched to hookers...they fit like a dream.....no interference with anything.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 00, 04:06 AM
Senior Tech

My Hedman headers didn't clear my manual steering box, either. I had to dent them. Thought I'd let you know.

Steve
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 00, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Thanks for the input, guys.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 00, 11:32 AM
Senior Tech

Thumbs up

I have a set of Hedmans on my 69. I have a 502 with P/S and A/C. I had to put a ding in a tube to clear one of the top bolts of the steering box(no big deal), The A/C box has a tube right up against it. I'm going to put a small heat shield against the box. I talked to Hedman direct and they said it would rest against it. I may drop the header this winter and see if there is a melted hole in the box. If so, it's not hard to fix the A/C box while it's on the car. The B/B header coated part # is HED-650016. They ran $358.34 from Summit.
Good luck with your project, Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode