Bushings for Core Support - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 22nd, 01, 09:53 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Mark

Hello All,
I just got a radiator core support for my 73 Z28 from a guy in Texas, but I need new frame support bushings. I was thinking of trying to find some polyurethane type of bushings. Does any body know a place in the South Bay Area that might have what I知 looking for? I also plan on going to Pleasention to the car show this weekend, do you think I can find what I知 looking for while I知 up there this weekend?

[This message has been edited by Z28 Mark (edited 03-22-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Z28 Mark (edited 03-22-2001).]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 22nd, 01, 01:50 PM
Senior Tech
Eric

I'm not too familiar with the '73 since I have a '68. But I would suggest that if you replace the radiator core support bushings with Polyurethane then the rest of the frame bushings should be changed to Poly's too. I don't think that you're supposed to mix them. Same with suspension bushings (don't mix front to back, right to left, etc.)

As for where to get them I would try Summit, Classic Industries or National Parts Depot and just mail order them - it only takes a couple days to get them by mail.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 22nd, 01, 04:58 PM
Z28 Mark @home

Question

Hey Eric,
I looked through Classic Ind. catalog last night but didn稚 see anything for core support (reg. Or poly) bushings. I haven稚 looked through the NPD book yet, but will do that after I get off the computer. I知 doing a locator search for a place that can sandblast / bead blast the whole core support. Then I値l see about painting the piece. Anybody know the correct color? Something like a mat of flat black?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 22nd, 01, 05:04 PM
Senior Tech
John

you can mail order them through Rick's First Generation Camaro.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 01, 07:08 PM

Energy suspension. You can get the body bushing set from summit racing (comes with core supporet and subframe to body)
Austin
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 24th, 01, 07:45 AM
Senior Tech
Eric

Try page 429. The Classic Industries catalog I'm looking at doesn't seem to have a date, but there's a pic on the cover of a blue '69 Z28 from the same angle those Rustangs see - the back. They have both the Poly's and the OEM rubber. Called a "body mount bushing kit." There are 6 bushings total - 2 for the radiator core, and 4 for the frame. You can even pick your favorite color if you choose the poly's.

The paint color is a semigloss black.

[This message has been edited by Eric68 (edited 03-24-2001).]
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 24th, 01, 05:21 PM
Z28 Mark @home

Thumbs up

Just ordered some stock bushings today from the Paddock. I was up at the Good Guys show today and only 1 guy had bushings there and they were the poly types. He gave me the speech about not mixing the rubber and poly types. Also talked to a fellow club member and he had done the polyurethane bushing a couple of years ago (the whole car) and warned me about the poly bushing compressing and then being lose in the brackets and the squeaking all the time. So that helped me make the choice that I made.

Also set the core support out to get sandblasted and powdered coated... Only $50.00

[This message has been edited by Z28 Mark @home (edited 03-24-2001).]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode